Review: 'Tremé' - 'Saints': The chief has a cough
What's life for if you have to do without the thing you love most?
A few quick thoughts on tonight's "Tremé" coming up just as soon as I set a date to set a date...
Lots going on in "Saints," including Annie getting a manager (played by Michael Cerveris, aka The Observer from "Fringe"), LP getting a lead on a post-Katrina shooting that's very similar to Toni's, and Antoine getting deeper into his teaching job.
But the most interesting thread for me is seeing characters trying to get by without something the love. Being on the fishing boat has been good for Sonny's emotional health (if sometimes frustrating for his sex life), but he still feels the pull of being on stage, and gets a gig playing keyboards in a band. Janette wants to stay in New York (and specifically at David Chang's kitchen), but it's hard to resist both the sales pitch by Tim the restaurateur and the possibility of rewriting her New Orleans story. And Big Chief Lambreaux's coughing last week turns out to be chronic pulmonary disease, exacerbated by breathing in the post-Katrina New Orleans air. Albert can still do his contracting work if he wears a mask, but if he needs Delmond to fill in for him at Indian practice because he can't chant loudly enough, can't even do Indian practice, can he still be chief? And if not, what will that do to him?
So go read Dave Walker's usual episode explainer over at Nola.com, and then fire away with your thoughts on "Saints."
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
4 days ago
14 days ago
|Discuss Scripted Dramas on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Scoop: 'Callie Isn't A Victim' 'Supernatural's' Surprising Ratings Victory Three Years Later, People Are Still Livid About 'Lost'
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- CBS Fall 2013: 'Intelligence' Extended Trailer Evokes 'Chuck' For Grown-Ups Marvel's 'Avengers Assemble': Producers Explain Movie Tie-In, Plus New Clip! 'Hannibal' Review: "Trou Normand"
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- Podmass: David Sedaris describes his bath time, cicadas are explained, and Wompler returns Interview: Mitchell Hurwitz talks about the resurrection of Arrested Development AVQ&A: What pop-culture family would you want to join?
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
Steven Soderbergh biopic about Liberace is HBO's best movie in yearsFriday, May 24, 2013
Will gets lost in a case, and Lecter tries to protect Abigail HobbsThursday, May 23, 2013
Announcing this summer's blog rewatch seriesThursday, May 23, 2013
The Dunphys and Pritchetts head to Florida for the funeral of Phil's momThursday, May 23, 2013