Podcast, blog and book notes
Previewing the next week of coverage, plus a 'Revolution Was Televised' excerpt
A few bits of housekeeping and book pluggery while I ponder what Chuck Lorre might write in a vanity card about Angus T. Jones...
* As Dan and I warned you two weeks ago, this week's Firewall & Iceberg Podcast will be recorded and posted sometime tomorrow.
* As mentioned in last night's "Homeland" review, the final three episodes of season 2 won't be done in time for critics to see them in advance. I found out today that AMC also won't be making Sunday's "The Walking Dead" mid-season finale available for advance review. So here's the plan: 1)This week, because "TWD" airs an hour earlier, I'm going to watch that, write my review, go to sleep, and watch and write about "Homeland" on Monday morning. 2)The remaining two Sundays of the season (when there won't be any "TWD" — or "Boardwalk Empire," or "Tremé," for that matter), I'll endeavor to follow the "Mad Men" plan and stay up to cover those "Homeland" episodes, endurance-willing. If not, Monday morning.
* Lots of great stuff related to my book has started popping up around the web. The Hollywood Reporter and The New Yorker both ran very positive reviews (and the book was discussed briefly at the end of a pre-Thanksgiving episode of NPR's "Pop Culture Happy Hour" podcast), and today Grantland ran an excerpt from the start of "The Revolution Was Televised" chapter about "Lost." I'll also be doing several podcast and radio interviews about the book this week, and will do another short post like this one to link to them when I have several collected. As always, if you have a question about the book, feel free to either post a comment here or email me.
News From Our Partners
- What Netflix Really Wants Out Of 'Arrested Development' What To Watch This Memorial Day Weekend Is The New 'Bachelorette' Engaged?
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- Will Smith Raps 'Fresh Prince' Theme with Jaden, Dances "Carlton" and "Apache" with Alfonso Ribiero 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6: Kurt Sutter to Launch 'Talking Dead'-Style Companion Piece? The CW's 'Cult' Returns from Cancellation June 28
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- Would You Rather… Hang Backstage with One Direction or the Jonas Brothers? Watch Kesha Perform 'Machine Gun Love' Live See Pictures of Your Favorite Celebrity Couples Now + Then
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
Steven Soderbergh biopic about Liberace is HBO's best movie in yearsFriday, May 24, 2013
Will gets lost in a case, and Lecter tries to protect Abigail HobbsThursday, May 23, 2013
Announcing this summer's blog rewatch seriesThursday, May 23, 2013
The Dunphys and Pritchetts head to Florida for the funeral of Phil's momThursday, May 23, 2013