A day in the life of press tour '12: CBS
Sherlock Holmes, a Jersey girl from England and Jeff Probst
Good morning, all. Now that the TCA Awards are all done with, it's time to get back to the more typical business of press tour. Today we welcome the last of the Big Four broadcast networks, with a full day of CBS panels. Here's a quick run-down to give you a sense of what a day on tour looks like. After this we have a combined CW/Showtime day tomorrow, a day of set visits on Tuesday, and then various cable channels on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. (HBO is paneling "The Newsroom" on Wednesday, which should be... interesting.)
9:35-10 a.m.: Nina Tassler's executive session has the shortest allotted time of any of the four network entertainment presidents, but given CBS' sustained run of success under the same management team using the same formula, we tend to have less to ask her about than we do, say, whoever's in the same chair over at NBC that year.
10:15-10:45 a.m.: It's "Elementary," my dear Watson, as Jonny Lee Miller, Lucy Liu and several producers of the modern-day Sherlock Holmes story field questions about the inevitable comparisons to Steven Moffat's "Sherlock," making Watson a woman, etc.
11-11:30 a.m.: "Partners," the new Monday sitcom created by the "Will & Grace" guys and starring Michael Urie, David Krumholtz, Sophia Bush and Brandon Routh, whom I'm sure will be asked for his feelings about "Man of Steel."
11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.: Lunch/writing time
1-1:30 p.m.: "Vegas," the new period crime drama starring Dennis Quaid as legendary '60s Vegas sheriff Ralph Lamb and Michael Chiklis as the local mob boss. Quaid will be asked about doing TV for the first time, Chiklis about playing another heavy, etc.
1:45-2:15 p.m.: "Made in Jersey," with Janet Montgomery from "Human Target" as a big-haired Jersey girl trying to succeed at a posh Manhattan law firm. Montgomery's English, so unless she pulls a Damian Lewis — who once appeared on a panel for "Life" using his fake American accent, because that's what he thought we'd want to hear — there should be some amusement in contrasting her native dialect with the subject matter.
2:15-3 p.m.: Another break.
3-3:30 p.m.: Jeff Probst comes out not to talk "Survivor" (though there will be questions on that, I suspect), but "The Jeff Probst Show," his upcoming daytime talk show.
3:45-4:30 p.m.: The revamped "CBS This Morning" is the last panel of the day.
6 p.m.: A press tour party featuring stars from CBS, Showtime and the CW. I'm told they're expecting over 900 people, between actors (and their entourages/handlers), producers, executives and press.
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
Don and Stan get a special shot, the agency loses a leader and Sally meets her 'Grandma Ida'Monday, May 20, 2013
The Lannisters throw a wedding, Daenerys faces a new army, and Stannis meets GendrySunday, May 19, 2013
Promising pilots, puzzling scheduling moves and moreSunday, May 19, 2013
The Doctor uncovers Clara's secret and comes face-to-face with a surprising figureSaturday, May 18, 2013