'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2' Press Conference with Stephenie Meyer and Melissa Rosenberg - Live-Blog
Producer Wyck Godfrey is also on this panel
Up next on the dais...
10:53 a.m. Stephenie gets the first question. Who is closest to how she imagined things? "I think Lee Pace, actually, stood out as somebody who was so fan as somebody who stood out and looked the part," Meyer says. "They did a really good job of matching the descriptions."
10:55 a.m. How did they respond to seeing the new vampire effects? "I really liked the way Bill handled her shield. I thought that was a subtle effect, but it visually represented what we needed it to represent," Godfrey says. "I was so impressed with her," Meyer says of watching Kristen Stewart play Vamp Bella even without the effects.
10:56 a.m. "This was just a way of making visual what some of the other characters might have been seeing. It does feel very surprising," Meyer says of the new scene. "That was one of my most fond memories," Rosenberg says of the big new scene that was about making a cinematic ending without violating the ending of the book. They were at a steakhouse, incidentally.
10:58 p.m. "I'm just more creative at night," Meyer says of her current creative process.
11:00 a.m. "Pretty much everything's tongue-in-cheek in my head," Meyer says of the humor. "The characters lent themselves to that," Rosenberg says. "He's got some good comedy in him. I love watching him when he does funny," Meyer says of Taylor Lautner.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
11 a.m. "We looked at younger actresses, but you needed this person who could have meaningful conversations with her parents," Meyer says of the treatment of Renesmee. They did performance capture and deaged Mackenzie and other wacky stuff, but once they found Foy, they knew they were good.
11:03 a.m. "Sometimes ideas feel like they were already there and you're just discovering them," Meyer says of the dream that set this franchise going. "It was a really great summer, probably one of the best summers of my life," she recalls. She remembers writing the story immediately because she was worried she'd forget, because her kids were babies then and she wasn't sleeping much.
11:04 a.m. Is there any downside to being a vampire in this universe? Meyer says that Edward doesn't think he deserves happiness and he's seen examples of new vampire not being happy with it and he wonders if he's now a villain by definition. "For him, he's a very cautious person and becoming a vampire is forever," she says of Edward. Meyer says that's the drawback for her now, because permanence is scare. "Vampirism for me was a way to live in fantasy," she says of the metaphor. "Superpowers with a cost," she says.
11:06 a.m. The last day of shooting was in St. Thomas. They hung out on the island after shooting completed. "There were just a few of us and we all got to hang out," Meyer says, adding, "All movies should end in St. Thomas."
11:06 a.m. "I had planned out where it would go for a couple more books, so I know exactly what would happen," Meyer says of the future for the series. "Maybe someday I'll write it out just for myself," Meyer says. She worries, though, that the actors are in her head when she thinks of the character. "I'm not into permanence," she repeats regarding revisiting the characters again.
11:08 a.m. For people who had never been parents, they were impressive," Meyer says of Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. "She was such a protective, all-consuming mother," Meyer says of K-Stew's approach, while she praises Robert for being funny and playful with Mackenzie. "She was very easy to love," Meyer adds.
11:09 a.m. Would Meyer let other authors play in her universe? "I'm a hands-on mom and these characters really do feel like my kids in some way," she says. She's seen other people's versions of how the characters speak and act and, "It just doesn't seem right." But she adds, "In 10 years? Who knows?"
11:10 a.m. Godfrey doesn't want to talk about future project, but he's always looking for other opportunities with the cast.
11:10 a.m. Godfrey doesn't want to talk about future projects, but he's always looking for other opportunities with the cast.
11:11 a.m. Last question is about the character of Alistair, played by Joe Anderson. "I followed the guide of the book," Rosenberg says of her approach. "He's a great counterbalance," she says of the naysayer character. "He's certain it will end badly. And as played by Joe Anderson, the character's delicious," she says.
That's all for this one... Back in a few...
News From Our Partners
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
Would Nikita kill the President or not?Saturday, May 18, 2013
Dan and Alan talk upfronts, reality and 'The Office' finaleFriday, May 17, 2013
Kree or Candice? Join as as we wade through over two hours of filler.Thursday, May 16, 2013
This season's shutout winner discusses his path to victoryThursday, May 16, 2013