Watch: Pink's lyric video for 'Blow Me (One Last Kiss)'
She keeps the message simple
I don’t know exactly when over the last year that lyric videos became mandatory, but many acts now produce them as a stop-gap between when the audio single is released and the full official video. Some are exactly what the title implies: the song’s lyrics scrolled across the screen, others are fully-fleshed out ideas that could serve as the final video.
Pink’s video for “Blow Me (One Last Kiss)” falls on the simpler end of the spectrum. In front of an array of backdrops, including the beach and a mosaic tile, a nose ring-wearing redhead with red, white and blue nail polish, opens her mouth, as the written lyrics appear as a word bubble out. She doesn’t even seem to be particularly singing or lipsyncing with the lyrics. It’s all shot close up so we seldom see her full face and with very quick cuts.
[More after the jump...]
To be sure, there are some lyrics that are so great they deserve to be highlights, but I’m not sure “No more sick whiskey dick” is one of them.
“Blow Me (One Last Kiss)” is the first single from “The Truth About Love,” Pink’s first studio album in four years, which will come out Sept. 18.
News From Our Partners
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- CBS Fall 2013: 'Intelligence' Extended Trailer Evokes 'Chuck' For Grown-Ups Marvel's 'Avengers Assemble': Producers Explain Movie Tie-In, Plus New Clip! 'Hannibal' Review: "Trou Normand"
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- Podmass: David Sedaris describes his bath time, cicadas are explained, and Wompler returns Interview: Mitchell Hurwitz talks about the resurrection of Arrested Development AVQ&A: What pop-culture family would you want to join?
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career
Go behind the scenes of the new magical Las Vegas extravaganzaThursday, May 23, 2013
Quartet hopes to put out new set 'in the next year'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Daft Punk scores its first Top 10 hitWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013