Watch: Kylie Minogue struts through London in new video for 'Timebomb'
Will she wear that outfit to play for the Queen?
- Critic's Rating B+
- Readers' Rating A
On “Timebomb,” Kylie Minogue sings “Time...time is moving so fast.” Maybe for the rest of us, but not for her. Minogue who spends much of the video in short jean shorts and a cropped motorcycle jacket (and sometimes less) looks amazing. Time has been very, very kind to the Aussie sensation. In the Christian Larson-directed clip, she strolls through London streets on what looks like a rather chilly day compared to what everyone else is wearing, but she’s Super Kylie: she’s immune to feeling things like temperature.
[More after the jump...]
She’s not immune to everything though. In scenes shot to look like found footage (including with a time code in the corner), she runs into a building just in time for her beau to grab her and we are left to assume they are setting off some sex bombs of their own, as she strips off the shorts and a jacket to reveal a dress that resembles a cobweb and offers about as much coverage.
The dance tune has an early Madonna flair to it with a catchy, fuzzy synth beat line holding much of it together. It’s mindless fun and a great way to continue K25, which fans know is the year-long celebration feting her quarter century in music.
Upcoming for Minogue (and we’re guessing she’ll have to leave the shorts behind) is a performance at Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond Jubilee at Buckingham Palace on June 4. Capitol Records will release “The Best of Kylie Minogue” on June 19.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
Keyboardist died today of cancerMonday, May 20, 2013
Plus, watch Dave Grohl perform 'Bitch' with The Rolling StonesMonday, May 20, 2013
Guests on third country set include Lady Antebellum and Sheryl CrowMonday, May 20, 2013
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber and Prince set to performSunday, May 19, 2013