Pink writes two songs for Cher's new album and Cher loves them
Cher excitedly tweets about Pink's and Lady Gaga's contributions
Pink has written two songs for Cher’s new album and Cher couldn’t be more delighted. The constant tweeter took to Twitter to reveal the details late last night.
“Had meeting 2night w/Record Co. They love song I’ve done. Got 2 new! Pink wrote them! Co wants it out end yr. pic’d single,” Cher tweeted, including a photo of herself taken in a mirror looking a little serious for such happy news. The album will be Cher's first set of new studio material in more than a decade.
[More after the jump...]
A few minutes later, she updated, bummed she wasn’t hearing back from her nearly 750,000 followers, with whom she carries on often spirited debates. “Where’s every1? Record Co. loved ALL song [cq] Ive done. Alecia wrote 2 GREAT SONGS. SHE IS SO fkng TALENTED. Pic of me looks GRIM, BUT I’M HAPPY!” Alecia Moore is Pink’s real name.
She later extolled Pink some more after a fan reminded her she's been praising Pink for more than a decade “Pink is definitely MY Girl. She’s TALENT. Luv it.”
Cher finally got around to describing the songs. She said the first song is both rock and dance and “kicks much ass.” The second song is a ballad.
Cher also mentions “Gaga,” but gives no other details. So we’re hoping that means that the RedOne-produced tune she recorded written by Lady Gaga, “The Greatest Thing,” is on the album. Alleged demos of the song have surfaced onYouTube with only Lady Gaga singing, but it's easy to hear where Cher would come in. The song, sometimes rumored to be a duet between the two artists, was rumored to be coming out last fall, but never dropped.
Pink is having a pretty good week: "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)," the first single from her forthcoming album, soared into the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 this week.
News From Our Partners
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber and Prince set to performSunday, May 19, 2013
So is the new album title really 'Yeezus?'Sunday, May 19, 2013
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013