Michael Jackson's 'Bad' celebrates its 25th anniversary in a very good way
A 3-CD set with plenty of goodies arrives in September
Who’s bad? Michael Jackson, that’s who. To commemorate the 25th anniversary of the King of Pop’s mega-million-selling 1987 set, “Bad,” Eplc/Legacy will release a 3-CD box set on Sept. 18.
The collection will include the remastered original album, a CD of unreleased demos recorded around the same time, and the audio from Jackson’s July 16, 1988 performance at London’s Wembley Stadium, according to Billboard.
[More after the jump...]
“Bad 25” will also contain the DVD of the July 16 show, and two booklets filled with rare and never-before-seen photos from the recording sessions and tour. There is also a line of merchandise celebrating the anniversary.
To grease the wheels, Epic/Legacy will re-release the album’s first single, “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” with the previously unreleased B-side, “Don’t Be Messin’ Round.” MJ fans will remember that “Bad” was the first album to send five songs to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100-- a feat that has gone unmatched until this year, when Katy Perry achieved the same with singles from “Teenage Dream.”
As we previously reported, the campaign dovetails with a Pepsi promotion that will feature Jackson’s likeness on more than one billion Pepsi cans.
Below is the teaser reel for “Bad 25,” which focuses more on the live side than the album.
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- One Direction's Niall Horan Spends the Night With UK TV Star Louise Thompson Kelly Clarkson Denies 'American Idol' Judging Gig Did Justin Bieber Get a Kitten? [Pics]
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- WATCH: Gay Protest Turns Into Fashion Show What Netflix Really Wants Out Of 'Arrested Development' Game Of Desks Is HERE!
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- 'Star Wars: Episode VI': What's Its Legacy... And Its Future? 'Arrested Development' Season Four: Eight Things To Remember 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In!
Singer takes to Facebook to respondSaturday, May 25, 2013
Who else debuts in the top 10?Saturday, May 25, 2013
The Purple One delivers goodies for the Memorial Day WeekendFriday, May 24, 2013
Singer also performs 'Beautiful' with MiguelFriday, May 24, 2013