Lil Wayne, Big Sean's 'My Homies Still' video takes over the neighborhood
Elephants, pandas and dogs, oh my!
Lil Wayne and Big Sean have moved into a neighborhood straight out of topsy-turvy world for Weezy’s video for “My Homies Still”: A pink elephant, literally, roams the streets, disembodied mannequins take over otherwise well-groomed lawns, and men’s heads get transplanted onto dog’s bodies and vice versa. Did we mention the dancing panda and boa-clad skeletons?
As images of smoking skull heads and folks making out with mannequins weave in and out with Lil Wayne skateboarding and he and Big Sean dancing on the ceiling, the clip is one of Lil Wayne’s trippiest. And that’s before we’ve even gotten to the banquet where Big Sean and Lil Wayne are on the menu.
[More after the jump...]
The lyrics are utterly pointless and all about X-rated body parts, cocaine, and name-dropping Slick Rick and Eazy E, but they are totally secondary to the incredibly insinuating and catchy rhythm that makes you want to jump up and down and lose yourself as you shout, "Go stupid!"
“My Homies Still,” which is No. 27 this week on Billboard’s R&B/Hip-Hop songs chart, is the first single from Lil Wayne’s “I Am Not A Human Being ll.” There’s no release date for the set, the successor to 2010’s “I Am Not A Human Being.” However, Lil Wayne told MTV last month that the album is finished.
News From Our Partners
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013
The Twitterverse says yes, her rep says noFriday, May 17, 2013