Free Justin Bieber concert in Oslo threatened with police shut-down
NBC camera crews are taping show for June 21 network special
As NBC is touting “Justin Bieber Believe: All Around The World,” a new special on the teen star that will air on June 21, a drama is playing out as the police are threatening to shut down the shoot.
Bieber is in Oslo today and is slated to perform six songs free tonight at 9:20 pm Norway time at the Opera House. The mini-concert will be part of the one-hour “All Around the World” special, which will combine performance video and behind-the-scenes footage as cameras follow Bieber around the globe promoting the new album, out June 19, and first single, “Boyfriend.”
The doc trails Bieber as he travels through seven countries in 12 days, ending with a New York City show. However, today in Oslo, the unruly crowd has police saying they will pull the plug. Bieber and his manager, Scooter Braun, have been tweeting to fans all day asking them to calm down. “Norway, please listen to the police,”Bieber tweeted. “ I don’t want anyone getting hurt. I want everything to go to plan, but your safety must come first.”
Bieber was the subject of his own 3D theatrical release, 2011’s “Never Say Never,” which followed him on his 2010 concert tour.
“Justin Bieber Believe: All Around the World” is produced by Ian Stewart with Done and Dusted Productions.
We'll update the situation later.
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- HomeVideo Review: My Neighbor Totoro / Howl’s Moving Castle TV Club 10: What made The Middle one of the best family comedies in years For Our Consideration: Will indie-rock reunions become just part of the plan?
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season
- Who Won 'DWTS'? Backstage Drama Leads To 'Nashville' Changes Who Went Home On 'The Voice'?
- 'Grimm' Season Finale Review: "Goodnight, Sweet Grimm" 'The Killing' Season 3′s Latest Trailer: The Beginning of a New Spree! 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Zod Will Make Us Suffer
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Tickets go on sale on FridayTuesday, May 21, 2013
She is woman, hear her roarTuesday, May 21, 2013
Keyboardist died today of cancerMonday, May 20, 2013