Carly Rae Jepsen breaks Lady Gaga's record on the Billboard Hot 100
What watershed moment does she reach?
Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe” spends its seventh week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, further sealing its status as the song of the summer.
By remaining in the pole position, “Call” once again locks Maroon 5’s “Payphone” featuring Wiz Khalifa out of the top spot. The tune stays at No. 2 for the sixth week, although it does remain No. 1 on the Radio Songs chart.
Its continued strength at radio could mean that “Payphone” will finally ring in to the top slot next week, although it may have to fend off a charge from Katy Perry’s “Wide Awake,” which stays at No. 3.
Ellie Goulding’s “Lights” rises one spot to No. 4, swapping places with Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used To Know” featuring Kimbra. Similarly, Flo Rida’s “Whistle” rises 7-6, switching spots with Rihanna’s “Where Have You Been.” David Guetta’s “Titanium” featuring Sia stays at No. 8, while Usher’s “Scream” rises one spot to No. 9, trading positions with Pink’s “Blow Me (One Last Kiss).”
For folks who like to slice the chart pie finely, Jepsen’s seventh week at No. 1 means she has logged more time at No. 1 with a song than any other female solo artist in Interscope Records’ history. This week, “Maybe” surpasses Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way,” which spent six weeks at No. 1, according to Billboard.
News From Our Partners
- Interview: Arrested Development’s Jeffrey Tambor on the show’s return and inevitable movie Gateways To Geekery: An initiation into the psychedelic sci-fi rock of Hawkwind Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single
- Rihanna Bares Butt on Instagram [Pic] Kid Ink to Release 'Almost Home' EP on May 28, Tour With Kendrick Lamar Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His
- Netflix's 'Hemlock Grove': Is Season 2 in the Cards? 'Arrow' Season 2: What Major Scene Was Cut From the Finale? J.J. Abrams Adresses 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Underwear Scene by Showing Benedict Cumberbatch Showering
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- Jennifer Aniston Strips In New Movie AMC Boss Reveals Plans For 'The Walking Dead's' Future Amy's Baking Co. Owner Facing Deportation?
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Go behind the scenes of the new magical Las Vegas extravaganzaThursday, May 23, 2013
Quartet hopes to put out new set 'in the next year'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Daft Punk scores its first Top 10 hitWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013