Watch: Lily Rabe talks to HitFix about being evil for 'American Horror Story'
She explains why she'd gladly do an action movie - and her own stunts
Let no one say Lily Rabe isn't one hell of an actress. Literally. As Sister Mary Eunice in the second season of "American Horror Story," she played an innocent nun who is taken over by the devil. At PaleyFest, she talked to HitFix about getting into character and why she wants to play an action hero.
The actress, who's the daughter of actress Jill Clayburgh and playwright David Rabe, has heady credentials -- including a Tony nod for her portrayal of Portia in "The Merchant of Venice." Thus, it's no surprise she was a gripping and convincing nun-turned-devil on "AHS." She admits that the challenge of the role was figuring out not how to play the devil, but how to play the the nun -- and from there, the possession "just happened."
Rabe also talked about much she loved doing the physically demanding stunts required of her character -- and how she wouldn't mind doing an action film, either. Hey, if she can tackle the grim job of playing Satan, playing a super hero should be a piece of cake for her. "I am nuts about doing my own stunts... I said, please let me do it all. And it was a really great ab workout."
During the PaleyFest panel, Rabe joked about getting to have sex with the Monsignor (Joseph Fiennes) after Jessica Lange admitted it was the one thing she wanted to do on the show but didn't get the chance.
Rabe also talked about her latest hobby -- guitar. She jokingly accused co-star Sarah Paulson of absolutely despising her lack of talent, which Paulson didn't exactly deny. Because Rabe would practice with banjo-picker Zachary Quinto, it turns out they played "The Rainbow Connection" a lot more than Paulson would have liked. I guess the devil just got into them.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 days ago
9 days ago
|Discuss Scripted Dramas on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
Dr. Leekie proves he's not one to be tangled withSunday, May 19, 2013
It's been a busy week, so get all your reality news here, nowSaturday, May 18, 2013
The magician just might beat the 'pretend game about pretend business'Friday, May 17, 2013
The NatGeo show takes a raw, dark look at life off the gridFriday, May 17, 2013