ABC sets summer line-up with 'Bachelorette,' 'Whodunnit' and 'Motive'
Two new series wil be joining "Celebrity Wife Swap" and "Rookie Blue"
ABC announced its summer line-up, and good news! It won't be non-stop "Celebrity Wife Swap"! Well, not entirely. Two new series are joining the schedule: the procedural “Motive,” which will have a special debut following the finale of “Dancing with the Stars the Results Show” on Tuesday, May 21, before moving to its regular time period on Thursday, May 23 at 9:00 p.m.; and “Whodunnit?,” a new mystery reality competition show from Anthony E. Zuiker, the creator of the “CSI” franchise, which will premiere Sunday, June 23 at 9:00 p.m.
These series join returning shows “Celebrity Wife Swap,” which has its summer premiere on Sunday, June 23 at 8:00 p.m.; “Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition,” which debuts on Tuesday, May 28 at 8:00 p.m.; “Rookie Blue” on Thursday, May 23 at 10:00 p.m.; “What Would You Do?” on Wednesday, May 29 at 10:00 p.m.; and “Wipeout” on Thursday, May 9 at 8:00 p.m.
“The Bachelorette” will premiere (with Des!) at a special time on Monday, May 20 at 9:00 p.m., following the finale of the “Dancing with the Stars” performance show that night, as previously announced, and will have its regular time period premiere on Monday, May 27 from 8:00-10:01 p.m.
New drama “Mistresses,” starring Alyssa Milano, Yunjin Kim, Rochelle Aytes and Jes Macallan, will premiere a week later than initially announced, on Monday, June 3 at 10:01 p.m. Based on the U.K. series, it will follow four girlfriends on their paths to self-discovery. And it will be sexy. Maybe.
The show focuses on the stories of Savi (Alyssa Milano) a successful career woman working toward the next phase in her life, both professionally and personally; Savi’s free-spirited and capricious baby sister, Josslyn (Jes Macallan); their friends April (Rochelle Aytes), a recent widow and mother of a ten-year-old daughter, and Karen (Yunjin Kim), a therapist with her own thriving practice. These four friends find support and guidance with each other. The series is executive-produced by Rina Mimoun (“Privileged,” “Gilmore Girls”), K.J. Steinberg (“Gossip Girl”), Robert Sertner (“Revenge,” “No Ordinary Family”) and Douglas Rae (“Wuthering Heights,” “Camelot,” “Mistresses,” “Raw,” “Meadowlands”).
ABC’s summer premiere dates are as follows (all times listed are ET):
Thursday, May 9:
8:00-9:00 p.m. “Wipeout”
Monday, May 20:
9:00-11:00 p.m. “The Bachelorette” (special time period premiere following the finale of the “Dancing with the Stars” performance show)
Tuesday, May 21
10:01 - 11:00 p.m. “Motive” (new series premiere on a special day and time, following the finale of “Dancing with the Stars the Results Show” from 8:00-10:01 p.m.)
Thursday, May 23:
9:00-10:00 p.m. “Motive” (regular time period premiere)
10:00-11:00 p.m. “Rookie Blue”
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
22 days ago
10 months ago
|Discuss Reality TV on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Behind The Shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' Finale WATCH: Tobias Fünke's New Sizzle Reel Is Epic JLo Steals Spotlight On 'American Idol'
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas' 'Rapturepalooza' Trailer: Anna Kendrick Gets Seduced by Satan 'Doctor Who' Season 8: Matt Smith Confirmed to Stay Another Year?
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
The magician just might beat the 'pretend game about pretend business'Friday, May 17, 2013
The NatGeo show takes a raw, dark look at life off the gridFriday, May 17, 2013
Did you expect the cliffhanger?Thursday, May 16, 2013
What did you think of Damon's big moment?Thursday, May 16, 2013