'The Bachelor' announces the newest man of (dis)honor
Emily Maynard's favorite reject takes the reigns in January
Another "Bachelorette" reject will get a second chance this January. Sean Lowe, the guy "Bachelorette" Emily Maynard dubbed the "perfect man" before kicking him to the curb, will be the new star of "The Bachelor" when the show returns for its 17th season next year. If you're wondering what kind of crazy he's up against, you can meet the new bachelorettes online, too.
Lowe, 28, a Dallas businessman and entrepreneur, pranked Emily on his hometown date, fooling her into initially thinking he still lived at home with his parents (maybe he's not so "perfect" after all). Having fallen in love on “The Bachelorette,” Lowe is confident that he will find his soul mate and a lasting relationship this time on “The Bachelor.” Hey, there's always a first!
A life-long Texan, he holds Southern values close to his heart -- he wants to propose once, be married once and live a faithful family life, like his parents, who have had a loving 35-year union. Apparently he thinks this can be accomplished on a reality TV show.
Lowe wants to be the patriarch of a family that is centered on faith, love and laughter. He is eager to be a supportive husband who will encourage his wife to chase her dreams, as well as be someone whom she can rely on to help her through good and bad times. He is looking for his best friend and also wants a big family. He would love to adopt a child, as well as have some of his own.
His close-knit family includes a sister, Shay, who was introduced to her husband by Sean. The two men were best friends on their college football team. Shay and her husband have two children, whom Sean adores.
The 6’3” bachelor went to Kansas State on a full football scholarship and, as a linebacker, was part of the 2003 Big 12 Conference Championship Team. Sean also received a degree in social science. Although he started off his career in finance, he followed in his father’s footsteps in the insurance industry before committing to his new enterprise, owning and running an upscale, custom furniture business.
Sean has varied hobbies and interests, including camping, wakeboarding, dancing, outdoor activities, attending concerts and doing just about anything with his two dogs, Lola and Ellie.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
29 days ago
10 months ago
|Discuss Reality TV on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- What To Watch This Memorial Day Weekend Is The New 'Bachelorette' Engaged? Tavis Smiley Marks 10th Year On PBS
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
- Would You Rather… Hang Backstage with One Direction or the Jonas Brothers? Watch Kesha Perform 'Machine Gun Love' Live See Pictures of Your Favorite Celebrity Couples Now + Then
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- The CW's 'Cult' Returns from Cancellation June 28 'White House Down' Featurette: Roland Emmerich Revists White House-Based Mayhem Jimmy Fallon Goes 'Game of Thrones' For 'Late Night's "Game of Desks"
We welcome our first guest and talk Ray Manzarek and moreFriday, May 24, 2013
Fox gives you a new workplace nightmare to worry aboutFriday, May 24, 2013
It's not quite 'Waiting for Guffman' but not exactly 'Idol,' eitherThursday, May 23, 2013
The final five episodes begin airing June 13Thursday, May 23, 2013