Press Tour: 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' promises torture, 'crazy ass LaToya Jackson'
One returning star is dubbed a 'mean, nasty person' while another 'stabs you in the front'
"All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" doesn't return to NBC until Sun. March 3 at 9:00 p.m., but that didn't stop a few dedicated stars from showing up at a press tour breakfast. Marilu Henner, Trace Adkins, Stephen Baldwin, Omarosa, Gary Busey, Lil Jon and Lisa Rinna told gathered reporters about why they returned, who fought with who (short answer: everyone with everyone) and plugged their charities for good measure while throwing in some jabs at one another.
Since the cast is made up of, well, losers, there was the question of how they played differently this time around. "[I needed to] really keep focused," said Marilu Henner, who also noted that this season, an important change was made behind the scenes to give the players a day off once a week. "It was a very different way to play the game this time... We also knew that not only was everyone was going to up their game, the tasks were harder, but it was so much more fun this time."
When it was noted that the first episode seemed to feature women fighting but not men, Rinna said simply, "Women can be bitchy."
"Lil Jon had to break up all the fights between me and crazy ass LaToya Jackson," Omarosa added.
Rinna shot back, "I didn't learn that."
"I forgive Penn for everything he did this season," Omarosa wisecracked.
The always friendly Henner said, "Sometimes you go into it not liking the person, and sometimes it changes and sometimes it doesn’t." Sadly, Henner didn't tell us who she hated both before and after the season, if anyone.
While Jillette gushed over the show's commitment to "honesty," some stars on the panel were more honest than others. "I don’t think I’ve ever learned anything doing this show I used anywhere else. No shit," Adkins said."
What made it great? "We can’t give too much away. The coolest thing for me this season is everybody’s played the game before and for me, there was a level of terror involved," Baldwin said. "The only person that I really liked in this process was Trace." When his castmates groaned, Baldwin raised a hand. "Let me finish! I’m getting into the psychology of it. And the only person I trusted was no one. I love Lisa and Marilu... but you don’t know if she’s going to knife you in the back five minutes later."
Despite the barbs, they all seemed to be in good fun. "We had so many laughs. Sometimes we were uncontrollable," said Henner.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
25 days ago
10 months ago
|Discuss Reality TV on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer
- Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21 Girls' Generation's Jessica Poses With Purses in Vogue Girl [Pics] Austin Mahone vs. Jonas Brothers – Pop Clash
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Hear This: With “Deceptacon,” Le Tigre captured the sound of youth in a song Watch This: Walter Hill’s The Driver is all about work done well Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
Zendaya knocks it out of the park, but another dancer makes judges cryMonday, May 20, 2013
Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio are rumored to be stepping upMonday, May 20, 2013
Dr. Leekie proves he's not one to be tangled withSunday, May 19, 2013
It's been a busy week, so get all your reality news here, nowSaturday, May 18, 2013