Mike Rowe tells fans that 'Dirty Jobs' has been scrubbed
Star proud to say he 'never shared the sewer with Paris Hilton'
It's going to be an unhappy Thanksgiving for fans of "Dirty Jobs." After eight years, star Mike Rowe took to the Interwebs to let the public know that he's navigated his last sewer for the show. "A few weeks ago, I was officially informed that 'Dirty Jobs' had entered into a new phase," he wrote in a post for the Huffington Post. "One I like to call, "permanent hiatus." Or in the more popular industry vernacular, canceled."
Rowe went on to admit that he waited several weeks to pass along the news in order to take some time to absorb it. "'Dirty Jobs' is a very personal show, and it's difficult for me to imagine a future that does not involve exploding toilets, venomous snakes, misadventures in animal husbandry, and feces from every species. Nevertheless, the future is here, and while it does not appear to contain any more 'Dirty Jobs,' it will almost certainly include another Thanksgiving. So in the spirit of the holiday, I'd like to thank those people most responsible for reinvigorating my erstwhile career, and launching the most honest show in the history of reality TV."
After thanking many, many people, Rowe wrote, "I can't say that 'Dirty Jobs' never jumped the shark (since I literally leaped over one in season two), but I'm proud to say it's still the same hatchet. The last episode looked pretty much like the first. We didn't become something we weren't. We never shared the sewer with Paris Hilton, and we never invited you to "tune in next week for a very special 'Dirty Jobs.'" We stuck to the mission statement. We stayed small. We worked hard. And we had a hell of a good time. It was as they say, a very good run." He also assured fans the mikeroweWORKS Foundation will continue to run.
And don't worry too much about Rowe. "As for me, good things are in the works. Not as dirty perhaps, but exciting nevertheless. I'm looking forward to the future, and feeling grateful for the past. As for the present, I'm going to eat the lions share of a large turkey waiting for me in the next room, drink some Champagne, catch up with family, watch the football game, and sleep till Christmas." Sounds good to us.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
28 days ago
10 months ago
|Discuss Reality TV on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- EA Teases Possible Star Wars: Battlefront Return Tom Cruise Leaves 'Man From U.N.C.L.E.' to Focus on 'Mission: Impossible 5′ Black Ops 2 Revolution DLC Free This Weekend
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go?
- Why He Fell Asleep During That Interview Alex Trebek Has Gone Completely Insane Arrested Development Could Really Teach Politicians A Thing Or Two
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- fun. Hit the Jersey Shore for 2013 'TODAY Show' Summer Concert Series Jennifer Hudson Reportedly Confirmed as 'American Idol' Judge Meet the Woman Who Won PopCrush's Autographed Pink Guitar!
- "Fast & Furious 6" vs. "The Hangover: Part III": Which Movie Should You See? (VIDEO) 'Fast and Furious 6' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About the Action-Packed Sequel 'After Earth' Unscripted: Will and Jaden Smith on Filming With Deadly Snakes & On-Set Parenting (VIDEO)
Fox gives you a new workplace nightmare to worry aboutFriday, May 24, 2013
It's not quite 'Waiting for Guffman' but not exactly 'Idol,' eitherThursday, May 23, 2013
The final five episodes begin airing June 13Thursday, May 23, 2013
The ballet docuseries returns on July 22Thursday, May 23, 2013