Is another key character leaving 'Downton Abbey'?
The PBS show is also going to feature someone very different next season
So, fast on the heels of Sybil and Matthew's exit, another character is leaving the hallowed halls of "Downton Abbey." Of course, don't click through unless you're prepared for yes, a spoiler. So, remember, here's your SPOILER ALERT!
Siobhan Finneran, who plays the manipulative, crafty O'Brien, has confirmed to the Huffington Post U.K. she won't be back for season 4. "I'm not doing it any more," she said. "O'Brien is a thoroughly despicable human being -- that was great to play."
The good news? O'Brien, unlike Dan Stevens (Matthew) and Sybil (Jessica Brown Findlay) isn't likely to die, leaving the door open for her return (or at least a visit). Not that so many viewers will mind too much if she goes away permanently. "I've always carried around with me [the idea that] something has happened to her to make her be the nasty piece of work that she can be," she told HuffPost in Jan. 2012. "She's worked since she was probably 14 or 15 years old, and has basically sacrificed her entire life to somebody else, for the good of their life and their home -- it's no wonder that she would get frustrated or angry about things."
There are also other changes afoot on the show, however. According to The Sun, the British drama will get its first black character in the fourth season. The British news site said the show is searching for a young, handsome black actor to portray Jack Ross, a 1920s-era jazz musician who sings “brilliantly” and oozes “charm and charisma.”
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
1 day ago
9 days ago
|Discuss Scripted Dramas on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
Dr. Leekie proves he's not one to be tangled withSunday, May 19, 2013
It's been a busy week, so get all your reality news here, nowSaturday, May 18, 2013
The magician just might beat the 'pretend game about pretend business'Friday, May 17, 2013
The NatGeo show takes a raw, dark look at life off the gridFriday, May 17, 2013