Exclusive: 'Funeral Boss' premiere sees dead people
Warning: This may be disturbing to some viewers
It turns out that every tiny niche of daily existence from the cradle to the grave has been plumbed for the purposes of creating reality TV. To make that case, Discovery Fit & Health has created "Funeral Boss," a series about life (and death) at a mortuary premiering tonight at 10 p.m. As this show isn't for everyone, this exclusive clip may not be, either, so consider yourself warned.
Though this footage isn't graphic, it does feature an honest-to-God dead person, which might distress some viewers. Good thing the series' star, Bill Harris, and his kids have no such qualms about seeing dead people. In fact, the show focuses on the siblings jockeying for position to take over their dad's place someday to become the next funeral "boss."
Harris is an expert in the funeral industry, and he's a perfectionist who insists on running the business a certain way — his way. But with three sons and a daughter working for him, he’s hoping to pass that dedication on to the next generation.
Bill’s oldest son, William III, thinks he is second in command and aspires to one day take over the family business. But Tiara, CFO and Daddy’s “baby girl,” is not afraid to play that baby girl card to get ahead of her brothers. Windall is the laid-back son, but he knows how to keep his slacking siblings in line. Last, there’s Westley – the light-hearted member of the bunch who is all about family and a good time, as long as he isn’t asked for any favors.
Can Bill keep his children in line or will their struggle for power cause him and the business to come crashing down? More importantly, can that question be answered in a 6-part series?
Watch the exclusive clip.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
23 days ago
10 months ago
|Discuss Reality TV on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
Dr. Leekie proves he's not one to be tangled withSunday, May 19, 2013
It's been a busy week, so get all your reality news here, nowSaturday, May 18, 2013
The magician just might beat the 'pretend game about pretend business'Friday, May 17, 2013
The NatGeo show takes a raw, dark look at life off the gridFriday, May 17, 2013