Exclusive: 'Funeral Boss' premiere sees dead people
Warning: This may be disturbing to some viewers
It turns out that every tiny niche of daily existence from the cradle to the grave has been plumbed for the purposes of creating reality TV. To make that case, Discovery Fit & Health has created "Funeral Boss," a series about life (and death) at a mortuary premiering tonight at 10 p.m. As this show isn't for everyone, this exclusive clip may not be, either, so consider yourself warned.
Though this footage isn't graphic, it does feature an honest-to-God dead person, which might distress some viewers. Good thing the series' star, Bill Harris, and his kids have no such qualms about seeing dead people. In fact, the show focuses on the siblings jockeying for position to take over their dad's place someday to become the next funeral "boss."
Harris is an expert in the funeral industry, and he's a perfectionist who insists on running the business a certain way — his way. But with three sons and a daughter working for him, he’s hoping to pass that dedication on to the next generation.
Bill’s oldest son, William III, thinks he is second in command and aspires to one day take over the family business. But Tiara, CFO and Daddy’s “baby girl,” is not afraid to play that baby girl card to get ahead of her brothers. Windall is the laid-back son, but he knows how to keep his slacking siblings in line. Last, there’s Westley – the light-hearted member of the bunch who is all about family and a good time, as long as he isn’t asked for any favors.
Can Bill keep his children in line or will their struggle for power cause him and the business to come crashing down? More importantly, can that question be answered in a 6-part series?
Watch the exclusive clip.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
25 days ago
10 months ago
|Discuss Reality TV on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Zendaya knocks it out of the park, but another dancer makes judges cryMonday, May 20, 2013
Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio are rumored to be stepping upMonday, May 20, 2013
Dr. Leekie proves he's not one to be tangled withSunday, May 19, 2013
It's been a busy week, so get all your reality news here, nowSaturday, May 18, 2013