'Wolverine' teaser trailer likely to be paired with 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation'
Latter film hits theaters on March 29
Looks like the long wait for that "Wolverine" trailer just got a little bit longer.
Though previous rumors had claimed that the superhero follow-up/reboot's first teaser would be attached to this coming weekend's "A Good Day to Die Hard," it turns out we won't be seeing first footage from the film until March, as recently confirmed by director James Mangold via Twitter: "@Sleepyrocko_O @wolverinemovie ...Sorry. Rumor was not correct, Sleepy. Stay tuned and I'll let you know. People were guessing," he wrote. "Take a deep breath. End of March."
Indeed, that "end of March" window certainly lines up with today's report from ComingSoon/Superherohype, which claims that the teaser will instead be tied to the release of "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" on March 29. While "plans could still change," with "The Wolverine"'s July 26 release date it seems a pretty logical place to kick off the film's sure-to-be-enormous marketing campaign. Promised Mangold: "From end of March till release, you'll be saturated."
"The Wolverine" sees Hugh Jackman returning to his most famous role alongside a cast that includes Will Yun Lee, Svetlana Khodchenkova, Hiroyuki Sanada, Hal Yamanouchi, Tao Okamoto, Rila Fukushima and Brian Tee. The film's plot will see Logan traveling to Japan, where he "engages a mysterious figure from his past."
Are you looking forward to "The Wolverine"? Sound off below.
News From Our Partners
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock