Will the Guardians of the Galaxy be making an 'Iron Man 3' cameo?
Robert Downey Jr. seems to be hinting 'yes'
Tony Stark may be hosting some interstellar visitors in "Iron Man 3."
Speaking with EW during a recent interview, series star Robert Downey Jr. may have dropped a subtle hint about which other Marvel characters we can expect in the upcoming threequel - namely, futuristic superhero outfit the Guardians of the Galaxy.
"The whole 'Avengers' thing [with $1.5 billion in global box office] was such a relief and such a confirmation of [Marvel Studios President] Kevin Feige’s vision for this all along," said Downey to EW's question about potential cameos in the new film. "As Kevin has put it, the next step after that is to bring in someone like Shane Black and – without pretending that the Avengers don’t exist – find a way to go back to a kind of re-investigation of Tony’s world, which he thought would be, one, fun for the audience and, two, would rock in a different way than 'The Avengers.' But we can’t help it — everywhere you look now in every Marvel movie there are opportunities where certain new pals of his could be useful. So they’re in the atmosphere, so to speak, but I wouldn’t expect to see them on the ground in this one."
"In the atmosphere," eh? Very sly, Mr. Downey (if a Guardians appearance is indeed what you were implying).
For further evidence of this theory, an Iron Man/Guardians tango is also being claimed over at Latino Review, who cite unnamed "sources" for their info.
Note: As pointed out by a reader who may or may not be an employee of the website ComicBook.com, their site was the first to claim the Iron Man/Guardians of the Galaxy movie connection. You can see a link to their original article here.
Are you convinced we'll be seeing the Guardians in "Iron Man 3," true believers? Let us know in the comments.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- 'The Office' Series Finale Review: "Finale" 'Anger Management' Review: "Charlie and the Break-Up Coach" 'Hannibal' Review: "Fromage"
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? 'The Office' Finale: Michael Scott's Surprise Appearance And Your New 'American Idol' Is ...
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- Mariah Carey Medleys, Jennifer Lopez Lives It Up With Pitbull on 'American Idol' Finale [Videos] Candice Glover Wins 'American Idol' Season 12 Beyonce Gets Emotional Onstage in Belgium [Video]
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock