Will 'Les Miserables' topple Taylor Swift from atop the Billboard 200 next week?
It's a close race for several spots in the Top 10
The soundtrack to “Les Miserables” may become the first No. 1 album based on 2013 sales.
The title, which skyrocketed 33-2 this week is on target to sell up to 130,000 copies, which would handily land it at No. 1.
As consumers continue to spend the gift cards they received for the holidays, look for One Direction’s “Take Me Home” to move up one spot, 3-2. It could move as many as 105,000 copies, according to Hits Daily Double, which would make it and “Les Miz” the only two titles to surpass the 100,00 mark in sales next week.
Taylor Swift’s “Red,” which currently sits at No. 1, may drop to as low at No. 4. The singer’s set and Mumford & Sons’ “Babel” are too close to call for the No. 3 and 4 spots, with each looking good for between 85,000 and 95,000.
“American Idol” winner Phillip Phillips’ “The World From the Other Side of the Moon” is poised so soar, possibly leaping from No. 11 to No. 5.
The “Pitch Perfect” soundtrack, which catapulted 45-10 this week following the comedy’s release on DVD, will also continue to rise, possibly as high as No. 6.
Rounding out the Top 10, the Lumineers’ self-titled album, Bruno Mars’ “Unorthodox Jukebox” and Pink’s “The Truth About Love” are all too close to call for the No. 7-9 slots, with each looking to sell between 50,000 and 55,000. Alicia Keys’ “Girl On Fire” looks good for No. 10 with up to 50,000 copies sold.
News From Our Partners
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013
The Twitterverse says yes, her rep says noFriday, May 17, 2013