Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis go nose-to-nose in new 'Campaign' poster
Which comedy titan will get your vote?
Since it's an election year -- and a highly contested one at that -- you're sure to hear quite a lot about a number of political races in the next six months or so. However, one all-important contest will trump all the others in 2012.
We're talking, of course, of the rivalry between Will Ferrell and Zach Galifiankis in the upcoming political comedy "The Campaign."
A new poster (below) sets the film's tone nicely, with Ferrell and the much-shorter Galifianakis getting uncomfortably in one another's faces.
The simple, to-the-point poster doesn't go quite as broad as the trailer, but the tagline ("May the best loser win") puts it firmly in Ferrell territory.
Ferrell plays incumbent congressman Cam Brady in a small South Carolina district, where doofy newcomer Marty Huggins (Galifianakis) challenges his reign. Jay Roach (The "Austin Powers" films) directed, after helping the slightly more serious Sarah Palin HBO movie "Game Change." It was written by two "Eastbound and Down" vets, Shawn Harwell and Chris Henchy, and it would't be a surprise if it had a tone similar to that raunchy hit.
It also stars Dylan McDermott, Brian Cox, Jason Sudeikis, John Lithgow and Dan Aykroyd.
Watch the trailer here.
"The Campaign" opens nationwide August 10.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy