Watch: Will.I.Am and Britney Spears video for 'Scream & Shout'
Let it all out to a fab looking Spears
- Critic's Rating D
- Readers' Rating A
There’s no there there, but that doesn’t mean everyone won’t be talking about the new video by Will.I.Am and Britney Spears for “Scream & Shout.”
The futuristic, minimalistic clip is a cheap-looking affair that displays no chemistry between the two (they only appear together in what looks like a photoshopped scene). This is less of a collaboration than some not-so-clever cut-and-paste job.
[More after the jump...]
“I want to scream and shout and let it all out,” sings Will.I.Am during the chorus, which is minimally catchy.
The clip primarily consists of separate shots of the two including shots of multiple, automaton-looking Britneys in a hot black outfit and a ‘60s hairdo and make up with her voice manipulated to affect a British accent. Cut to some dancers and lots of computer generated effects. It looks like it took about an afternoon to create.
“When you hear this in the club, you’re going to turn this sh** up,” declared Spears and she’s probably right, given the repetitive nature of the beat, but the same can’t be said for the video, which hardly bears any repeat viewings except for by the most devoted of Spears or Will.I.Am fans. My colleague Katie Hasty thought even less of the song.
We do kind of like Will.I.Am’s King crown. It’s much nicer than the kind you get at Burger King for your birthday.
What do you think of the "Scream & Shout" video?
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More The CW's 2013-2014 Schedule: Supernatural Switches Nights Again, The Vampire Diaries Pairs With Reign Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- Hulu.com: Is The Office the Definitive TV Show of the '00s? Craziest 'Simpsons' Couch Gag Yet? Denied By PBS?
- One Direction Announce Where We Are Stadium Tour for 2014 Miley Cyrus Wants Everyone to Know She's Still Engaged by Posting This New Pic Most Anticipated Album Release for June 2013 – Readers Poll
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
Phoenix is also on soundtrack for Sofia Coppola-directed filmThursday, May 16, 2013
Where does Mariah Carey's '#Beautiful' #debut?Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Rappers will appear with Bone Thugs N Harmony and Wu-Tang ClanWednesday, May 15, 2013
'They Don't Know' featured on next album, 'X'Wednesday, May 15, 2013