Watch: Will.I.Am and Britney Spears video for 'Scream & Shout'
Let it all out to a fab looking Spears
- Critic's Rating D
- Readers' Rating A
There’s no there there, but that doesn’t mean everyone won’t be talking about the new video by Will.I.Am and Britney Spears for “Scream & Shout.”
The futuristic, minimalistic clip is a cheap-looking affair that displays no chemistry between the two (they only appear together in what looks like a photoshopped scene). This is less of a collaboration than some not-so-clever cut-and-paste job.
[More after the jump...]
“I want to scream and shout and let it all out,” sings Will.I.Am during the chorus, which is minimally catchy.
The clip primarily consists of separate shots of the two including shots of multiple, automaton-looking Britneys in a hot black outfit and a ‘60s hairdo and make up with her voice manipulated to affect a British accent. Cut to some dancers and lots of computer generated effects. It looks like it took about an afternoon to create.
“When you hear this in the club, you’re going to turn this sh** up,” declared Spears and she’s probably right, given the repetitive nature of the beat, but the same can’t be said for the video, which hardly bears any repeat viewings except for by the most devoted of Spears or Will.I.Am fans. My colleague Katie Hasty thought even less of the song.
We do kind of like Will.I.Am’s King crown. It’s much nicer than the kind you get at Burger King for your birthday.
What do you think of the "Scream & Shout" video?
News From Our Partners
- Laura Prudom: The Ultimate Sacrifice You Won't Believe What He Stole From George W. Bush It's Getting Ugly
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Arrow Season 1 Finale Review: The Tragedies of Men Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Interview: Noah Baumbach on how Frances Ha helped him see New York City with new eyes Random Roles: James Urbaniak on Venture Bros.’ return and Hal Hartley’s Lord Of The Rings Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first
- 'American Idol' Recap: Top 2 Perform Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)
- 'Supernatural' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Arrow' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Modern Family' Review: "Games People Play"
Where does Mariah Carey's '#Beautiful' #debut?Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Rappers will appear with Bone Thugs N Harmony and Wu-Tang ClanWednesday, May 15, 2013
'They Don't Know' featured on next album, 'X'Wednesday, May 15, 2013
'X Factor' judge's material doesn't always match her strong pipesTuesday, May 14, 2013