Watch: Tim McGraw's 'Truck Yeah' video
Does it rev your engine?
- Critic's Rating D+
- Readers' Rating A
Tim McGraw’s new video for his current single, “Truck Yeah,” came out today and let’s start with the positive. First off, the clip could have featured a truckload of scantily-clad country cuties in Daisy Dukes bent salaciously over their men’s trucks and the video does not (I know that is a detriment to some). Instead, the lone female in the video is driving herself, she’s dressed sexily but not tackily, and is in complete control. Yeah, girls drive trucks too...
Secondly, though Chevrolet does get a little more branding than the rest, McGraw displays equal love for Chevy, Ford, and Dodge trucks. We’re sure there’s a commercial tie-in coming down the road, but this isn’t it.
Third, as always, McGraw looks hot.
[More after the jump...]
That’s all I’ve got. In what could have been a fun song for one of McGraw’s stupider songs, instead we get a bunch of trucks in the dirt and McGraw looking as if he’d rather be having a root canal than be surrounded by all that metal. McGraw is an energetic, strong performer, but he walks through this one as if he can’t wait to climb back into his Prius and get home to the wife and kids. Speaking of his wife, he and Faith Hill start a Las Vegas residency in December.
We see trucks of all different makes and models, including some 18 wheelers, convene at some vacant lot in Chattanooga, and as night falls, the trucks surround McGraw, illuminating his tepid performance with their headlights. This is the best you’ve got? Where’s the fun? Where's the attitude that's conveyed in the song? Where’s the energy that could have surrounded the silliness of "Truck Yeah?"The video runs out of gas before it gets started.
If you’re “hillbilly proud,” you may feel differently.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- 'American Idol' Recap: Top 2 Perform Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born
- 'Supernatural' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Arrow' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Modern Family' Review: "Games People Play"
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- Interview: Noah Baumbach on how Frances Ha helped him see New York City with new eyes Random Roles: James Urbaniak on Venture Bros.’ return and Hal Hartley’s Lord Of The Rings Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Arrow Season 1 Finale Review: The Tragedies of Men Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival
- Laura Prudom: The Ultimate Sacrifice You Won't Believe What He Stole From George W. Bush It's Getting Ugly
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
Where does Mariah Carey's '#Beautiful' #debut?Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Rappers will appear with Bone Thugs N Harmony and Wu-Tang ClanWednesday, May 15, 2013
'They Don't Know' featured on next album, 'X'Wednesday, May 15, 2013
'X Factor' judge's material doesn't always match her strong pipesTuesday, May 14, 2013