Watch: Richard Armitage talks 'The Hobbit' movie splits
Where will '1' and '2' break... and will there be a '3?'
SAN DIEGO -- At San Diego Comic-Con, Peter Jackson spent some of his rounds hinting at cutting "The Hobbit" films as extended editions or even splitting the second film into two films. Richard Armitage knows nothing of this.
However, Armitage -- who plays Thorin Oakenshield -- said 2012's "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" and 2013's "The Hobbit: There and Back Again" may already have their splits built-in solid.
"The book has it's natural points of peak and trough, so hopefully our story will musically honor what [J.R.R.] Tolkien was writing," he told HitFix at the Con.
Exactly where is that, if the story doesn't get a third film on top of that?
"Nobody's quite sure yet. We've kind of shot it as one long story so that will be one of the surprises we may get when we see the final films," he said.
Check out Jackson's thoughts on the matter below. The first "Hobbit" is out on Dec. 14.
News From Our Partners
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy