Watch: 'New Girl''s Jake Johnson on a Nick-Jess relationship: 'They would screw it up'
Co-stars Max Greenfield and Lamorne Morris also stop by for a chat
As any "New Girl" watcher knows, the series finally allowed for an intimate moment between "will-they-or-won't-they" pair Nick (Jake Johnson) and Jess (Zooey Deschanel) earlier this season - only for complications to almost immediately arise. So will the twosome ever embark on an actual relationship? And moreover, could one even work?
"I think possibly," said Johnson, speaking to me on the red carpet for the show's Paleyfest red carpet earlier this week. "I don't think they're ready right now. But I think with a little bit of maturity and blah-blah-blah, they could eventually be. But I think they would screw it up right now if they tried."
As to the subject of "the kiss," it's a moment the show's fans have been waiting for for some time now - though perhaps not as eagerly as Johnson himself.
"I wanted for Nick...to kiss Jess," he told me. "I didn't want him to chicken out, I didn't want him to moonwalk away or sweat through it. I wanted him to kiss her. So when I saw in the script that I got to, I was like, 'Good for you Nick, I'm glad you didn't screw this one up.' [Laughs] 'Cause you mostly do!'"
To hear more from Johnson, as well as co-stars Max Greenfield (Schmidt) and Lamorne Morris (Winston), click on the video above to check out the interviews.
News From Our Partners
- Rihanna Working on Eighth Album [Pic] One Direction to Release Fourth Book This Summer Beyonce Reveals Battle With Tonsillitis + 'Grown Woman' Choreography in Mrs. Carter Show Tour Videos
- Please Watch New 'Arrested Development' In Order & Not At Once From 'Idol' Contestants To Judges? From 'Unfabulous' To 'American Horror Story'
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013