Watch Marlon Wayans slam 'Scary Movie 5': 'It's like an episode of 'Celebrity Rehab''
'A Haunted House' star also runs down his naked butt's big-screen resume
Needless to say, there's no love lost between Marlon Wayans and the long-running "Scary Movie" franchise of which he was formerly a part.
"That movie looks so bad," said the writer/comedian, speaking in reference to the upcoming fifth installment of the lucrative horror-movie spoof series (Wayans co-wrote and starred in the first two films). "I can look at it and just go, 'mmm mmm mmm.' You got Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, Heather Locklear...it's like an episode of 'Celebrity Rehab.' It's just...it's doing it wrong."
"Congrats on beating 'Scary Movie 5' to theaters by about three months," I said at the very beginning of my chat with he and Essence Atkins, his co-star in this month's "rival" spoof film "A Haunted House."
Little did I realize the glorious torrent o' diss my statement would unleash.
"I know what I'm doing," he continued. "I've been doing this since I was five. You know, I've writen five funny comedies like this. There's a way to do it, and you can try to emulate what we do, but...celebrities aren't funny. Comedians are funny. Great actresses can be funny. Any time you populate your movie with just messes, it's just like, 'ok, if you wanna put Lindsay [Lohan] in a car and put a paparazzi there...ok, then you may get a laugh here or there. But Lindsay's not like, yo, she's...a hilarious comedian. No, there's an art to comedy."
To check out the rest of my very interesting chat with Wayans and Atkins - including a rundown by the former of his naked butt's extensive filmography - check out the full video above.
"A Haunted House" hits theaters this Friday.
News From Our Partners
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Arrow Season 1 Finale Review: The Tragedies of Men Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Laura Prudom: The Ultimate Sacrifice You Won't Believe What He Stole From George W. Bush It's Getting Ugly
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)
- 'Supernatural' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Arrow' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Modern Family' Review: "Games People Play"
- Interview: Noah Baumbach on how Frances Ha helped him see New York City with new eyes Random Roles: James Urbaniak on Venture Bros.’ return and Hal Hartley’s Lord Of The Rings Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first