Watch: Kristen Stewart heads out 'On the Road' in two new clips
Sam Riley, Garrett Hedlund and Kirsten Dunst go along for the ride
The new adaptation of Jack Kerouac's iconic beat-era novel "On the Road" was unveiled in Cannes this week, and you can get a glimpse of the film's tone and style in these two brand new clips.
The film centers on Sal Paradise (Sam Riley), an aspiring young writer who hits the road with the free-spirited Dean Moriarty (Garrett Hedlund from "Tron: Legacy") and his girlfriend, Marylou ("Twilight's" Kristen Stewart).
In the above clip, Marylou discusses her vague plans for the future with her new found friend and confidante Sal. Stewart looks naturalistic and convincing as the character, yet still maintains the low-key nature found i her "Twilight" performances. Still, we're a long way from Forks.
In the second clip (below), we meet Camille (Kirsten Dunst) who cuts a rug with Sal in a classy bar. Dunst sounds like she can carry a tune in the clip, while it's also amusing to hear Riley -- best known for his devastating turn as the doomed Joy Division vocalist Ian Curtis in "Control" -- sing along to such a peppy number.
Being a road movie, "On the Road" also features a host of stars in small roles, including Amy Adams, Tom Sturridge, Danny Morgan, Alice Braga, Elisabeth Moss and Viggo Mortensen.
"On the Road" was directed by Walter Salles, and adapted by his "Motorcycle Diaries" collaborator Jose Rivera. Salles also directed the acclaimed "Central Station."
"On the Road" premiered at the Cannes Film Festival this week, with Stewart, Dunst, and the other stars -- plus guests Robert Pattinson, Kate Upton and Milla Jovovich -- attending. Read Drew McWeeny's review of the film here.
Take a look at the premiere photos here:
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
12 days ago
about 1 month ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh