Watch: Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj in new 'Beauty And A Beat' video
Is he a fan of 'Waterworld?'
- Critic's Rating B-
- Readers' Rating A-
Ever wonder how we’ll be partying in 3012? According to Justin Bieber, it will be primarily underwater (maybe it’s all a subtle illusion to global warming the polar ice caps melting. Or maybe it's his homage to Kevin Costner's "Waterworld?"...nah).
[More after the jump...]
The video for "Beauty And A Beat" featuring Nicki Minaj starts with message that earlier this month, three hours of “personal footage” was stolen from Beiber and “illegally uploaded.” As you may recall,this week Bieber claimed on Twitter that his computer and laptop had been stolen (leading some outlets, including MTV, to report it as fact). Turns out Biebs was just punking us, y’all! He was setting up the release of the video. What a scamp!
The “found footage,” which is totally boring and sanitized, shows Bieber in the studio and playing ping pong. We realize it’s all a joke as the clips switches to footage of Bieber holding a cam and showing the credits that he wrote, directed and shot the video. We see him awkwardly walked backward, holing the camera and lipsyncing. He clearly puts down the camera at some point to show off his funky dance moves in a water park pool surrounded by some synchronized swimmers. Back to walking backwards, holding the camera.
And look who he finds! It’s Minaj, dressed in a cute little pink outfit. He gyrates up against her in one in a most uncomfortable, awkward way, as she raps, improbably rhyming “Bieber,” “ether,” “weiner” and “Selener” (we’re guessing she’s taking poetic license with Selena Gomez’s name).
After he’s been polite to his guest, who definitely looks like she will kill him if he pushes her in the pool, he returns to his buddies and frolics in the water some more. Scene.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013