'Warm Bodies' zombie Rob Corddry talks grunting as conversation and 'Children's Hospital'
Also: Former 'Top Model' star Analeigh Tipton tells us how she broke into acting
This must have been how Sylvester Stallone felt when he was making all those "Rambo" movies.
"We just sort of start it off organically," says Rob Corddry, answering my question as to how he and fellow "Warm Bodies" zombie Nicholas Hoult constructed their grunts during filming. "And then it took awhile to find what the tone was of it, how big or small we were gonna do it. We did it for a long time, and the conversation, like any conversation, just evolved right? And we kinda got a sense of what we were talking about in a loose way."
In the new zom-rom-dramedy Corddry plays the role of "M," a member of the walking undead in a post-apocalyptic United States and a close, erm, confidante of Hoult's "R." Just think of him as the goofy best friend character in a typical romantic comedy and you're on the right track.
"I moved to L.A. to actually be in filmmaking...I wanted to be the tough female behind the camera," answered Tipton. "'Top Model' kinda came as this cool adventure that I could go on. Which seems anti-, like, the tough female [thing], but it ended up being pretty awesome, and what it did was it gave me this unique fan base that enabled me to kind of meet the right people and meet more people in the world that I love. Acting was not expected whatsoever, but the ability to still be a tool in that whole collaboration was ultimately what I fell in love with."
Now that is fierce, girl.
You can check out snippets from both interviews (including Corddry's answer to the question of whether we'll ever be seeing a "Children's Hospital" movie) in the video above.
"Warm Bodies" hits theaters this Friday.
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness Digital Multiplex: The Last Stand, Side Effects, and More RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Ambitious, Time-Jumping Epic Cloud Atlas
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival CBS's 2013-2014 Season: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- 'Star Trek' Baddie Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals Role's Biggest Challenge Cannes Film Festival 2013: Our Must-See Movies 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Sounds
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher in $10M Tug of War 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie Spotted in D.C. (VIDEO) Katie Holmes Attracts the Wrong Kind of Attention on 'Mania Days' Set
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Best Alicia Keys Instagram Photos – Picture Perfect Taylor Swift Fan Arrested for Swimming Near Her Rhode Island Beach House Taylor Swift vs. Pink vs. Rihanna vs. Beyonce: Whose Tour Costume Do You Like Best? – Readers Poll