TV Ratings: U.S. Olympic Trials give NBC easy Sunday win
Nastlia Liukin falls, but NBC rises
Fast National ratings for Sunday, July 1, 2012.
NBC's coverage of the U.S. Olympic Trials in swimming and, especially, gymnastics, led the Peacock to an easy win in Sunday's ratings.
For the night, NBC averaged a 2.5 rating in adults 18-49, and 8.3 million viewers overall. ABC's original reality lineup gave it a second-place finish in the 18-49 demographic (1.2, 4.5 million viewers), while CBS (0.8, 5.2 million) was the night's second-most-watched network. FOX (1.1, 2.5 million) finished in third in the demo and a distant fourth in viewers.
7 p.m. -- NBC and CBS split the hour, with NBC's swimming coverage (1.4, 5.6 million) winning in the demo and CBS' "60 Minutes" (1.1, 8.2 million) winning in viewers. An "America's Funniest Home Videos" repeat (1.1, 5.1 million) got ABC to third place, while "American Dad" and "The Cleveland Show" repeats combined for a 0.8 demo rating and 1.8 million viewers for FOX.
8 p.m. -- More swimming coverage (2.1, 7.7 million) now won the hour in both measures for NBC, followed by repeats of "The Simpsons" and "Bob's Burgers" on FOX (1.3, 2.8 million), a new "Secret Millionaire" on ABC (1.1, 5 million) and a "Hawaii Five-0" repeat (0.7, 4.6 million) on CBS.
9 p.m. -- NBC switched from swimming to gymnastics, and viewership for the hour shot up to a 3.1 rating and 9.5 million viewers. "Family Guy" and "American Dad" repeats on FOX averaged a 1.4 and 3.1 million viewers, followed by the first hour of "Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition" (1.1, 3.7 million) on ABC and a "The Good Wife" repeat (0.5, 3.9 million) on CBS.
10 p.m. -- Gymnastics continued to dominated for NBC, with a 3.4 demo rating and 10.2 million viewers for the hour. Hour two of "Extreme Makeover" was way back with a 1.3 and 4.2 million viewers for ABC, followed by a "The Mentalist" repeat (0.7, 4.3 million) on CBS.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Netflix's 'Hemlock Grove': Is Season 2 in the Cards? 'Arrow' Season 2: What Major Scene Was Cut From the Finale? J.J. Abrams Adresses 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Underwear Scene by Showing Benedict Cumberbatch Showering
- Jennifer Aniston Strips In New Movie AMC Boss Reveals Plans For 'The Walking Dead's' Future Amy's Baking Co. Owner Facing Deportation?
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- Interview: Arrested Development’s Jeffrey Tambor on the show’s return and inevitable movie Gateways To Geekery: An initiation into the psychedelic sci-fi rock of Hawkwind Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online