TV Ratings: Patriots-Ravens gives CBS a dominant Sunday win
ABC dramas suffer opposite the AFC Championship Game
Fast National ratings for Sunday, January 20, 2013.
On Sunday night, there was football, and there was everything else. CBS, which aired the AFC Championship Game for most of primetime, nearly tripled the total audience of the other three broadcast networks, with 34.55 million viewers and an 11.9 rating among adults 18-49.
For the second week in a row, ABC aired original episodes of its Sunday dramas and got low numbers as a result, but still finished in second with a 1.7 demo rating and 5.93 million viewers overall. FOX was third (1.6, 3.35 million), followed by NBC (0.8, 2.44 million).
7 p.m. -- The Patriots-Ravens game, which started at 6:30, dominated the hour, with a 14.7 demo rating and 42.87 million viewers. Repeats of "Bob's Burgers" and "The Cleveland Show" were second in the demo for FOX (1.4, 3.02 million), though ABC's "America's Funniest Home Videos" (1.3, 6.27 million) was second in total viewers. They were followed by "The Biggest Loser" repeat on NBC (0.6, 2.06 million).
8 p.m. -- More football, more dominance, with Pats-Ravens averaging a 14.6 demo rating and 41.95 million viewers. ABC's "Once Upon a Time" (2.4, 7.71 million) was a distant second, followed by "The Simpsons" and "Bob's Burgers" repeats on FOX (1.7, 3.61 million) and more "Biggest Loser" on NBC (0.8, 2.3 million).
9 p.m. -- Lather, rinse, repeat, with the AFC Championship Game averaging a 14.3 in the demo for the hour and 39.77 million viewers. ABC was way back in second with "Revenge" (1.7, 5.71 million), followed by "Family Guy" and "American Dad" repeats on FOX (1.6, 3.43 million) and still more "Biggest Loser" on NBC (0.9, 2.42 million).
10 p.m. -- CBS' football coverage ran until 10:15 before giving way to a new "Hawaii Five-0," together averaging a 4.1 demo rating and 13.6 million overall, but the preliminary numbers have the network averaging a 5.4 in the demo in the first half hour (when football overrun was factored in) and only a 2.7 in the second half hour (when "Five-0" was the only thing being measured). A "Shark Tank" repeat at 10 was a distant second for ABC (1.3, 4.02 million), followed by more "Biggest Loser" on NBC (1.1, 2.97 million).
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn