TV Ratings: 'NCIS' and 'Vegas' give CBS Tuesday win
Sitcoms on NBC, FOX and ABC still fighting over scraps
Fast National ratings for Tuesday, November 20, 2012.
The "NCIS" shows powered CBS to a narrow ratings victory on Tuesday night among young adult, and a commanding one among total viewers.
For the night, CBS averaged a 2.5 rating among adults 18-49, and 13.91 million viewers overall. Thanks largely to "The Voice," NBC was second (2.3, 6.38 million), followed by FOX (1.5, 3.25 million), ABC (1.4, 7.01 million) and the CW (0.5, 1.24 million).
8 p.m. -- "The Voice" won the hour in the demo for NBC with a 3.3 rating and 9.33 million viewers. On CBS, "NCIS" averaged a 3.0 rating and 16.47 million viewers overall. ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" (1.9, 12.87 million) was third (and an overwhelming second in total viewers), followed by "Raising Hope" and "Ben and Kate" on FOX (1.3, 3.11 million) and "Hart of Dixie" on the CW (0.5, 1.21 million).
9 p.m. -- CBS' "NCIS: LA" (2.8, 15.06 million) continued its dominance over the comedy blocs on NBC ("Go On" and "The New Normal" combined for 1.9, 5.28 million), FOX ("New Girl" and "The Mindy Project" combined for a 1.7 and 3.39 million) and ABC ("Happy Endings" and "Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23" averaging a 1.1 and 4.03 million). The CW's "Emily Owens, M.D." (0.4, 1.27 million) was way off in the distance.
10 p.m. -- CBS' "Vegas" (1.8, 10.2 million) narrowly won the hour in the demo and easily eclipsed NBC's "Parenthood" (1.6, 4.52 million) and ABC's "Private Practice" (1.2, 4.14 million) in total viewers.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change, particularly in the case of live events.
News From Our Partners
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video] Oreo 'Wonderfilled' Ad – What's the Song?
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama