TV Ratings: Grammys down from last year's Whitney tribute, but still dominates Sunday
CBS crushes all competition; 'Revenge' hits series low
Fast National ratings for Sunday, February 10, 2013.
The 2013 Grammys fell well shy of the monster numbers from last year's show (highlighted by the Whitney Houston memorial), but still annihilated all the competition on Sunday.
From 8 to 11:30 p.m., the Grammys averaged 28.12 million viewers and a 10 rating among adults 18-49. That's down from last year's 39.91 million and 14.1 demo rating, but it was still the second-largest Grammy audience since 1993.
For the night, CBS averaged an 8.2 rating in the 18-49 demo and 24.55 million viewers overall. ABC was way off in the distance with a 1.5 and 5.57 million viewers, followed by FOX (1.8, 3.51 million) and NBC (0.8, 3.48 million).
7 p.m. -- Even without the Grammys, CBS won this hour with "60 Minutes" (1.9, 11.13 million), followed by ABC's "America's Funniest Home Videos" (1.8, 7.28 million), NBC's "Dateline" (1.2, 5.71 million) and a combination of a "Bob's Burgers" repeat and a "Cleveland Show" original on FOX (1.2, 2.47 million).
8 p.m. -- The Grammys began, and any pretense of competition ceased. For the hour, CBS averaged a 9.9 dem orating and 29.46 million viewers. ABC's "Once Upon a Time" (2.2, 7.02 million) took a small dip, followed by "The Simpsons" and "Bob's Burgers" on FOX (1.9, 3.87 million) and repeats of the Betty White birthday special on NBC (0.6, 3.09 million).
9 p.m. -- The Grammys peaked (10.9, 30.46 million). FOX's pairing of "Family Guy" and "American Dad" (2.2, 4.19 million) was the closest object in the Grammy rearview mirror, followed by a series-low rating for ABC's "Revenge" (1.4, 5.07 million) and a repeat of a "Saturday Night Live" '80s documentary on NBC (0.7, 2.43 million).
10 p.m. -- The Grammys slid back a bit (10.0, 27.14 million) but still crushed more of the "SNL" doc on NBC (0.9, 2.7 million) and "Revenge For Real" on ABC (0.8, 2.9 million).
News From Our Partners
- 'Metallica Through the Never' Trailer: Angry Mobs and "Master of Puppets" 'Timecop' Being Remade, As All Movies Eventually Must 'We're The Millers' Red Band NSFW Trailer: Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis Smuggle Drugs
- Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His Son Ho Young's Girlfriend Found Dead Listen to The-Dream Collaborate With Beyonce on 'Turnt'
- Charlotte Robinson: Somer Bingham Talks LGBT Issues and Life After The Real L Word (AUDIO) PHOTOS: Has Ellen Had Enough Of LA? Jennifer Aniston On 'Friends' Reunion: 'We All Miss Working Together'
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single Watch This: Ronin is a triumph of crime-flick economy Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly