TV Ratings: Grammys down from last year's Whitney tribute, but still dominates Sunday
CBS crushes all competition; 'Revenge' hits series low
Fast National ratings for Sunday, February 10, 2013.
The 2013 Grammys fell well shy of the monster numbers from last year's show (highlighted by the Whitney Houston memorial), but still annihilated all the competition on Sunday.
From 8 to 11:30 p.m., the Grammys averaged 28.12 million viewers and a 10 rating among adults 18-49. That's down from last year's 39.91 million and 14.1 demo rating, but it was still the second-largest Grammy audience since 1993.
For the night, CBS averaged an 8.2 rating in the 18-49 demo and 24.55 million viewers overall. ABC was way off in the distance with a 1.5 and 5.57 million viewers, followed by FOX (1.8, 3.51 million) and NBC (0.8, 3.48 million).
7 p.m. -- Even without the Grammys, CBS won this hour with "60 Minutes" (1.9, 11.13 million), followed by ABC's "America's Funniest Home Videos" (1.8, 7.28 million), NBC's "Dateline" (1.2, 5.71 million) and a combination of a "Bob's Burgers" repeat and a "Cleveland Show" original on FOX (1.2, 2.47 million).
8 p.m. -- The Grammys began, and any pretense of competition ceased. For the hour, CBS averaged a 9.9 dem orating and 29.46 million viewers. ABC's "Once Upon a Time" (2.2, 7.02 million) took a small dip, followed by "The Simpsons" and "Bob's Burgers" on FOX (1.9, 3.87 million) and repeats of the Betty White birthday special on NBC (0.6, 3.09 million).
9 p.m. -- The Grammys peaked (10.9, 30.46 million). FOX's pairing of "Family Guy" and "American Dad" (2.2, 4.19 million) was the closest object in the Grammy rearview mirror, followed by a series-low rating for ABC's "Revenge" (1.4, 5.07 million) and a repeat of a "Saturday Night Live" '80s documentary on NBC (0.7, 2.43 million).
10 p.m. -- The Grammys slid back a bit (10.0, 27.14 million) but still crushed more of the "SNL" doc on NBC (0.9, 2.7 million) and "Revenge For Real" on ABC (0.8, 2.9 million).
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- HomeVideo Review: My Neighbor Totoro / Howl’s Moving Castle TV Club 10: What made The Middle one of the best family comedies in years For Our Consideration: Will indie-rock reunions become just part of the plan?
- Who Won 'DWTS'? Backstage Drama Leads To 'Nashville' Changes Who Went Home On 'The Voice'?
- 'The Voice' Recap: Top 8 Revealed, Blake Shelton + Miranda Lambert Perform 'Over You' T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child