TV Ratings: Gordon Ramsay, 'America's Got Talent' lead to Tuesday split
NBC's convention coverage the highest-rated
Fast National ratings for Tuesday, September 4, 2012.
Gordon Ramsay helped carry FOX to a Tuesday night demographic win, while NBC was the night's most-watched network thanks to "America's Got Talent."
For the night, FOX averaged a 2.6 rating among adults 18-49, and 6.27 million viewers overall. NBC did a 1.9 rating in the demo, but 7.51 million viewers. They were followed by CBS (0.9, 5.76 million), ABC (0.7, 2.69 million) and the CW (0.3, 644,000).
8 p.m. -- FOX's "Hell's Kitchen" (2.5, 6.05 million) was the hour's highest-rated show in the demo, but "America's Got Talent" (2.2, 8.33 million) was the most-watched. They were followed by an "NCIS" repeat on CBS (1.2, 7.87 million), repeats of "The Middle" and "Last Man Standing" on ABC (0.8, 3.34 million) and a "Hart of Dixie" rerun on the CW (0.3, 819,000).
9 p.m. -- Same result as the 8 o'clock hour: the FOX show with Ramsay (in this case, "Masterchef") won in the demo (2.7, 6.48 million), while "America's Got Talent" had more overall viewers (2.4, 8.86 million). CBS was third with an "NCIS: LA" repeat (1.0, 6.19 million), followed by "Happy Endings" and "Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23" reruns on ABC (0.7, 2.13 million) and a rerun the CW's "The Next" (0.2, 469,000).
10 p.m. -- All three remaining broadcast networks shifted into coverage of the Democratic National Convention, with NBC averaging a 1.3 in the demo and 5.33 million viewers overall, followed by ABC (0.7, 2.59 million) and CBS (0.6, 3.22 million).
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change, particularly in the case of live events.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
News From Our Partners
- One Direction Announce Where We Are Stadium Tour for 2014 Miley Cyrus Wants Everyone to Know She's Still Engaged by Posting This New Pic Most Anticipated Album Release for June 2013 – Readers Poll
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- Hulu.com: Is The Office the Definitive TV Show of the '00s? Craziest 'Simpsons' Couch Gag Yet? Denied By PBS?
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In! 'Star Trek' And Klingon: Learn The Language Of The Aliens!
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness