TV Ratings: CBS down from Super Bowl week, but still wins Monday
'The Following' drops to third place in its timeslot
Fast National ratings for Monday, February 11, 2013.
CBS' Monday shows took a slight dip from last week's Super Bowl-boosted numbers, while both of ABC's shows were up, but CBS still won victory for the night. Meanwhile, "The Following" continued to drop for FOX.
For the night, CBS averaged a 2.8 rating among adults 18-49 (down 10 percent from a week ago) and 9.59 million viewers overall. ABC was second (2.5, 8.56 million), followed by FOX (2.3, 8.24 million), NBC (1.8, 4.76 million) and the CW (0.5, 988,000).
8 p.m. -- A 20 percent week-to-week drop for "How I Met Your Mother" wasn't enough to cost CBS from the win for the hour, as the combo of "HIMYM" and "Rules of Engagement" combined to average a 3.0 demo rating and 8.7 million viewers. ABC's "The Bachelor" was up over last week (2.6, 8.22 million), followed by "Bones" on FOX (2.2, 8.73 million), the first hour of "The Biggest Loser" on NBC (2.0, 5.52 million) and the CW's "The Carrie Diaries" (0.6, 1.31 million).
9 p.m. -- "2 Broke Girls" and "Mike & Molly" combined to win the hour for CBS (3.2, 10.59 million), followed by more "Bachelor" for ABC (2.8, 8.55 million). "The Following" (2.4, 7.75 million) was down nearly 18 percent from last week, and dropped to third place for the hour, followed by more "Biggest Loser" for NBC (2.0, 5.45 million) and "90210" on the CW (0.3, 669,000).
10 p.m. -- CBS' "Hawaii Five-0" (2.1, 9.48 million) narrowly edged out ABC' "Castle" (2.0, 8.91 million), with NBC's "Deception" (1.3, 3.3 million) up slightly from last week but still a distant third place.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Why Do I Own This?: A pint glass nicked from Forks, Washington, a.k.a. “Twilight, U.S.A.” Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling Nerd Curious: Why the essential collection Bradbury Stories explains how to live forever
- One Direction Thank Their Fans for 2013 Billboard Music Award Wins Drake + Jay-Z Working on New Music [Pic] Taylor Swift Gets Grossed Out When Selena Gomez + Justin Bieber Kiss Backstage at 2013 Billboard Awards [Pics]
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games?
- The Women TV Is Still Missing Jason Isaacs Reveals The One Co-Star He Won't Work With Again WATCH: La Toya's Tearful Break-Up Phone Call
- Sony Teases PlayStation 4 E3 Console Reveal in New Video George Takei as Every Character in 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Nintendo Promises Details on New 3D Mario, Smash Bros Before E3
- 'Star Wars Rebels': New Animated Series Will Take Place Between 'Episode III and 'Episode IV' James Badge Dale, 'Iron Man 3' Star, Is Also in 'World War Z' and 'The Lone Ranger' 'Blue Jasmine' Poster Debut: Cate Blanchett Is Strikingly Stoic (PHOTO)