TV Ratings: CBS down from Super Bowl week, but still wins Monday
'The Following' drops to third place in its timeslot
Fast National ratings for Monday, February 11, 2013.
CBS' Monday shows took a slight dip from last week's Super Bowl-boosted numbers, while both of ABC's shows were up, but CBS still won victory for the night. Meanwhile, "The Following" continued to drop for FOX.
For the night, CBS averaged a 2.8 rating among adults 18-49 (down 10 percent from a week ago) and 9.59 million viewers overall. ABC was second (2.5, 8.56 million), followed by FOX (2.3, 8.24 million), NBC (1.8, 4.76 million) and the CW (0.5, 988,000).
8 p.m. -- A 20 percent week-to-week drop for "How I Met Your Mother" wasn't enough to cost CBS from the win for the hour, as the combo of "HIMYM" and "Rules of Engagement" combined to average a 3.0 demo rating and 8.7 million viewers. ABC's "The Bachelor" was up over last week (2.6, 8.22 million), followed by "Bones" on FOX (2.2, 8.73 million), the first hour of "The Biggest Loser" on NBC (2.0, 5.52 million) and the CW's "The Carrie Diaries" (0.6, 1.31 million).
9 p.m. -- "2 Broke Girls" and "Mike & Molly" combined to win the hour for CBS (3.2, 10.59 million), followed by more "Bachelor" for ABC (2.8, 8.55 million). "The Following" (2.4, 7.75 million) was down nearly 18 percent from last week, and dropped to third place for the hour, followed by more "Biggest Loser" for NBC (2.0, 5.45 million) and "90210" on the CW (0.3, 669,000).
10 p.m. -- CBS' "Hawaii Five-0" (2.1, 9.48 million) narrowly edged out ABC' "Castle" (2.0, 8.91 million), with NBC's "Deception" (1.3, 3.3 million) up slightly from last week but still a distant third place.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition