TV Ratings: 'America's Got Talent' holds on to Monday lead for NBC
Everything's low on Memorial Day, but Howard Stern and friends retained enough to get the win
The second Monday episode of the Howard Stern era of "America's Got Talent" held up reasonably well at the end of a holiday weekend, leading NBC to a win in demos and viewers on a slow Memorial Day night.
For the full three hours of primetime, NBC averaged a 1.9 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic, and 6.2 million viewers overall. Thanks to "The Bachelorette," ABC was second with a 1.5 and 5.2 million, followed by CBS (1.2, 5.1 million), FOX (0.8, 2.4 million) and the CW (0.3, 678,000).
8 p.m. -- Last week's debut of the Stern-ified "Got Talent" had been considered something of a disappointment considering how much NBC spent to hire the radio legend. The hope was that the ratings would rise once there was lesser competition, but the Monday of a three-day weekend is a bad gauge of that. As it is, "Got Talent" (2.7 demo rating, 10 million viewers) was down 13 percent in the demo from last week, but up about 500,000 viewers. It was still an easy winner for the hour, followed by "The Bachelorette" (1.7, 5.6 million), down more than 30 percent from its first hour last week (which had a "Dancing with the Stars" lead-in), then "How I Met Your Mother" and "2 Broke Girls" repeats on CBS (1.1, 4 million), a "House" repeat on FOX (0.7, 2.3 million) and a "Gossip Girl" repeat on the CW (0.3, 560,000).
9 p.m. -- "The Bachelorette" and NBC's "American Ninja Warrior" were in a dead heat in the demo, each getting a 2.0 rating, but "Bachelorette" drew 5.9 million compared to 5.7 million for "Ninja." CBS was third with repeats of "Two and a Half Men" and "Mike & Molly" (1.3, 5.6 million), followed by another "House" repeat for FOX (0.8, 2.5 million) and a "Hart of Dixie" repeat on the CW (0.3, 797,000).
10 p.m. -- Drama repeats on all three networks, with CBS "Hawaii Five-0" (1.2, 5.5 million) edging out NBC's "Grimm" (0.9, 2.8 million) and ABC's "Castle" (0.8, 4.2 million).
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Demi Lovato vs. Perrie Edwards – PopCrush Prom Queen of 2013, Round 3 Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video]
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel