TV Ratings: 'American Idol' gives FOX easy Wednesday win
On a night of mostly repeats, 'Survivor' only competitive show outside of FOX
Fast National ratings for Wednesday, March 14, 2013.
The first night of the "American Idol" season 12 finals led FOX to a comfortable win on a Wednesday night when most of the competition was repeats.
For the night, FOX averaged a 3.6 rating among adults 18-49, and 13.08 million viewers overall. Thanks to a new "Survivor," CBS finished second (2.0, 8.22 million), followed by ABC (1.2, 3.95 million), NBC (1.1, 3.81 million) and the CW (0.4, 1.51 million).
8 p.m. -- The first hour of "Idol" cruised to victory with a 3.4 demo rating and 12.31 million viewers. CBS was second with "Survivor" (2.5, 9.55 million), followed by a repeat "The Middle" and a new "The Neighbors" on ABC (1.4, 4.71 million), a "Whitney" original/repeat combo on NBC (1.0, 2.98 million) and an "Arrow" repeat on the CW (0.5, 1.68 million).
9 p.m. -- "Idol" (3.8, 13.86 million) crushed all comers, followed by a "Criminal Minds" repeat on CBS (1.8, 7.28 million), repeats of "Modern Family" and "Suburgatory" on ABC (1.5, 4.36 million), a "Law & Order: SVU" repeat on NBC (1.0, 2.98 million) and a "Supernatural" rerun on the CW (0.4, 1.35 million).
10 p.m. -- Reruns as far as the eye can see, with CBS' "CSI" (1.7, 7.84 million) doing better than both NBC's "Chicago Fire" (1.1, 3.84 million) and ABC's "Nashville" (0.7, 2.77 million).
News From Our Partners
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher in $10M Tug of War 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie Spotted in D.C. (VIDEO) Katie Holmes Attracts the Wrong Kind of Attention on 'Mania Days' Set
- In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness Digital Multiplex: The Last Stand, Side Effects, and More RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Ambitious, Time-Jumping Epic Cloud Atlas
- 'Star Trek' Baddie Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals Role's Biggest Challenge Cannes Film Festival 2013: Our Must-See Movies 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Sounds
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival CBS's 2013-2014 Season: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing TV Roundtable: When My Boys tested its prickly chemistry by inviting some new faces to the poker table The Walkthrough: The New Girl showrunners on topping season two’s big kiss (Part 5 of 5)
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday