TV Ratings: 'American Idol' drops more, but still wins Wednesday for FOX
'CSI' hits season-high, while NBC repeats finish behind the CW and Univision
Fast National ratings for Wednesday, January 23, 2013.
"American Idol" dropped another 10 percent from last week's low season premiere, but was still enough to lead FOX to a resounding win in the Wednesday ratings. Meanwhile, CBS' "CSI" hit a season-high and NBC's repeats actually finished sixth for the night, after both the CW and Univision.
For the night, FOX (and, therefore, "Idol") averaged a 5.4 rating among adults 18-49, and 16 million viewers overall. CBS was second (2.4, 10 million), followed by ABC (2.4, 7.15 million), the CW (1.0, 2.61 million) and (among English-language networks) NBC (0.8, 2.56 million).
8 p.m. -- "Idol" (5.3, 15.71 million) handily won the hour. ABC's "The Middle" and "The Neighbors" combined for second place (2.2, 7.43 million), followed by a "Criminal Minds" repeat on CBS (1.5, 6.78 million), "Arrow" on the CW (1.1, 3.13 million) and repeats of "Whitney" and "Guys with Kids" on NBC (0.8, 2.42 million).
9 p.m. -- "Idol" rose in its second hour (5.6, 16.3 million). ABC's "Modern Family" and "Suburgatory" combined for second place (3.2, 8.55 million), followed by a new "Criminal Minds" (3.0, 11.74 million) on CBS, the CW's "Supernatural" (0.9, 2.1 million) and a "Law & Order: SVU" repeat on NBC (0.7, 2.73 million).
10 p.m. -- CBS' "CSI" hit a season-high in the young-adult demo (2.7, 11.49 million), followed by ABC's "Nashville" (1.8, 5.47 million) and a "Chicago Fire" repeat on NBC (0.8, 2.53 million).
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- 'The Voice' Recap: Top 8 Revealed, Blake Shelton + Miranda Lambert Perform 'Over You' T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive
- Who Won 'DWTS'? Backstage Drama Leads To 'Nashville' Changes Who Went Home On 'The Voice'?
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season
- 'Grimm' Season Finale Review: "Goodnight, Sweet Grimm" 'The Killing' Season 3′s Latest Trailer: The Beginning of a New Spree! 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Zod Will Make Us Suffer
- HomeVideo Review: My Neighbor Totoro / Howl’s Moving Castle TV Club 10: What made The Middle one of the best family comedies in years For Our Consideration: Will indie-rock reunions become just part of the plan?
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million