Trent Reznor and Dave Grohl working on new Queens of the Stone Age album
Big names on board for rock act's first album in more than five years
Queens of the Stone Age haven't put out a new full-length effort in more than five years, but when they release their next in 2013, they'll have some pretty big names attached: Trent Reznor and Dave Grohl are both confirmed to be contributing to the as-yet-untitled effort.
QOTSA mainstay Josh Homme told BBC Radio 1 last week that drummer Joey Castillo was out and that the Foo Fighters frontman Grohl was in. The drummer and singer-songwriter was behind the kit on QOTSA's 2002 breakout album "Songs for the Deaf" but, in the revolving door nature of the band, went off to concentrate on the Foos in the following years.
To further confirm Grohl's participation, the band Tweeted a photo of "Dave's" name on a mixing board.
Last month, Grohl announced that the Foo Fighters would be going on hiatus, in order to pursue other projects and to "take a break."
Meanwhile, Trent Reznor has been busy finishing his band How To Destroy Angel's "An Omen" EP and prepare their full-length debut album... on top of working with Homme and his crew on at least one song. During a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) Q&A, Reznor kinda slipped it into his to-do.
"...Tweaking some things for the HTDA full LP (coming in Spring), helping Josh out on a new QOTSA track, working with Roy [Bennett, NIN tour producer], starting rehearsals for two bands."
Reznor is likely not alluding to touring with QOTSA, but with Nine Inch Nails again, as he's said he's also obviously working on new material for that band. You can check out his entire AMA here, as he answers (and not-answers) questions about "Year Zero," his lighting show, working with his wife and other fans' burning questions.
Queens of the Stone Age's last effort was 2007's "Era Vulgaris." They currently have only booked an appearance at the 2013 Download Festival in the U.K. in June, but have hinted they plan to have their fresh set out before their appearance there.
News From Our Partners
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals