'Total Recall''s explosive new trailer promises a stunning action spectacle
Colin Farrell and Kate Beckinsale battle it out in latest full-length preview
- Critic's Rating A
- Readers' Rating A
The new "Total Recall" trailer is a total adrenaline rush.
This second full-length preview for the upcoming Len Wiseman remake is nearly wall-to-wall action, dispensing with much of the set-up of the first trailer and instead devoting most of its running time to shootouts, explosions, flying-car chases and one prolonged Colin Farrell/Kate Beckinsale smack-fest.
In short, the Sony marketing team has done their job well, showcasing a ton of kinetic action (Wiseman's fluid camerawork gets some excellent play here) that will really appeal to blockbuster-oriented moviegoers. Whether the film will actually be good - not to mention whether enough people will take the bait to justify the film's reported $200 million budget (!) - is an open question, and expectations largely depend on whether you're a fan of Wiseman's work to begin with (his directorial output consists of the first two "Underworld" movies and 2007 John McClane sequel "Live Free or Die Hard").
But yeah, for what it sets out to do - great trailer.
My grade: A. After watching it below, rate it for yourself at top left!
Follow me on Twitter @HitFixChris
"Total Recall" is slated for release on August 3.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
11 days ago
about 1 month ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title