'Total Recall' star Colin Farrell talks meeting Arnold Schwarzenegger: Watch
Why won't the former Douglas Quaid return his calls?
Colin Farrell unfortunately never got the chance to discuss his role in the "Total Recall" remake with original star Arnold Schwarzenegger. Why? The former Governator wouldn't call him back.
"I called him. He wouldn't return my calls, wouldn't text me back, nothin'," said the actor, speaking to us on the Comic-Con press line for Len Wiseman's upcoming version of the Philip K. Dick story.
Ok, so we're pretty sure he was joking (I did kinda bait him into it). Nevertheless, Farrell did meet the action superstar nearly a decade ago, long before he knew he would be reinterpreting the Schwarzenegger-originated role of Douglas Quaid on the big screen.
'Total Recall''s explosive new trailer promises a stunning action spectacle
Colin Farrell and Kate Beckinsale battle it out in latest full-length preview
Schwarzenegger was indeed at Comic-Con this year (read my wrap-up of Thursday's boisterous "Expendables 2" panel here), though I'm guessing he may have left the premises by the time of Farrell's arrival on Friday. Still, it would be interesting to see these two very different versions of Quaid meet up face to face, no?
For the rest of my brief interview with Farrell, during which he also tells me which scene glimpsed in the "Total Recall" trailer required over 20 takes to shoot, click on the embedded video at the top of the page!
"Total Recall" hits theaters on August 3.
Follow me on Twitter @HitFixChris
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
14 days ago
about 1 month ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion