Tom Wilkinson joins Joel Edgerton in 'Felony'
Oscar nominee will shoot film after wrapping 'Lone Ranger'
Oscar nominee Tom Wilkinson is joining Joel Edgerton in the upcoming crime thriller "Felony."
The film centers on a police officer (Edgerton) who accidentally runs a young cyclist off the road, and then finds himself in an increasingly complex web of deceit after he lies about what transpired in the accident.
Wilkinson will play Detective Carl Summer, the lead investigator of the case.
The Solution Entertainment Group’s Lisa Wilson and Myles Nestel will produced along with Rosemary Blight of Goalpost Pictures Australia and Edgerton for Blue-Tongue Films.
“Tom Wilkinson is one of the most versatile actors around who inhabits every character he plays with an incredible energy and credibility," said Wilson in a press release. "He is the ideal choice to co-star with Joel Edgerton in this tense and riveting thriller and will certainly drive buyers’ attention to this project in Toronto."
“We had long hoped that Tom would agree to this role," added Blight. "We are thrilled an actor of his intelligence and caliber is on board for this exciting film.”
Wilkinson has been nominated for two Oscars (for "In the Bedroom" and "MIchael Clayton") and was most recently seen in "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel." He will soon be seen opposite Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer in "The Lone Ranger."
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- Joe Satran: Who's Winning The 'Game Of Thrones'? Andrew Jenks: Where Guns Are as Common as Cell Phones Renee Graziano: Look Before You Love
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21 Girls' Generation's Jessica Poses With Purses in Vogue Girl [Pics] Austin Mahone vs. Jonas Brothers – Pop Clash
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?