Tom Cruise is Neo to Morgan Freeman's Morpheus in stunning new 'Oblivion' trailer: Watch
Shades of 'The Matrix' in 'Tron: Legacy' director's latest sci-fi spectacular
- Critic's Rating A
- Readers' Rating n/a
Tom Cruise is 50? Get outta here. No, but seriously, he's 50. Whatever magical anti-aging serum this guy is using, I want in.
The "Mission: Impossible" star runs, leaps, pivots and yells "stand down!" as good as any 35-year-old action hero in the brand-new trailer for "Oblivion," the upcoming sci-fi/action flick helmed by "Tron: Legacy" director Joseph Kosinski.
Aside from Cruise's freakishly youthful appearance (the age of his character? 37), the new spot is a visually-arresting tour-de-force with shades of "The Matrix," in that the film's protagonist makes a similarly-shocking discovery about the world he thought he knew - only this time the "Morpheus" role is filled by Morgan Freeman instead of Laurence Fishburne. Based on Kosinski's graphic novel of the same name, "Oblivion" also stars Olga Kurylenko, Andrea Riseborough, Melissa Leo, Zoe Bell and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.
After checking out the trailer, scroll down to check out two new posters for the film as well.
My grade for the trailer: A. After checking it out below, rate it for yourself at top left.
"Oblivion" hits IMAX screens on April 12 and theaters everywhere on April 19.
News From Our Partners
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title