Tom Cruise dons power-armor in first 'All You Need Is Kill' image
Emily Blunt will help the star fight the same battle over and over again
Tom Cruise is armoring up in the upcoming sci-fi thriller “All You Need is Kill.”
In an action-sci-fi twist on the "Groundhog Day," Cruise plays a futuristic warrior named Bill Cage, who must relive the same battle against an alien invasion force over and over again. With each incarnation, Cage -- and his companion Rita (Emily Blunt) -- get better and better at fighting the aliens known as The Mimics.
And he has a pretty nifty-looking suit of armor to help him out.
Take a look at Cruise in the film:
As you can see, Cruise is decked out in a heavy-looking exo-armor that looks like a primitive take on "Iron Man" or a lighter version of Ripley's power loader from "Aliens." It's unclear how much of "Kill" will feature him in the outfit, but it will no doubt help him battle some nasty E.T.s.
The film, based on the Japanese novel of the same name, is from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures. Doug Liman ("The Bourne Identity," "Jumper") is directing. It also stars Bill Paxton, and Jonas Armstrong (BBC TV’s “Robin Hood”).
Cruise is on an action/sci-fi kick of late. Before he dons the heavy metal for "Kill," the actor will first crack some skulls as the title character in Christopher McQuarrie's "Jack Reacher" in December, and will then be seen in another sci-fi film, "Oblivion," along with Olga Kurylenko, and Morgan Freeman. That film opens April 12, 2013.
"All You Need is Kill" will open March 14, 2014.
What do you think of Tom Cruise's new look?
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn