'Thor 2' finds new villain in 'Clash of the Titans'' Mads Mikkelsen
Also: Chris Hemsworth speaks on the possibility of Thanos appearing in the sequel
Chris Hemsworth will be tangling with a new enemy in "Thor 2."
Word has come from Variety that Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen, known Stateside for his roles in films including "Casino Royale" (as the villainous math genius Le Chiffre), "Clash of the Titans" (as Draco) and Paul W.S. Anderson's "The Three Musketeers" (as Captain Rochefort), is in talks for an unspecified villain role in the upcoming Marvel sequel. He will join returning cast members Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins and Tom Hiddleston, who will give the Norse superhero double-trouble as the diabolical Loki.
Mikkelsen's most recent film is Thomas Vinterberg's "On the Hunt," a drama that debuted at this year's Cannes Film Festival.
In other "Thor"-related news, Hemsworth has weighed in on the possibility of the powerful super-villain Thanos (who - SPOILER ALERT! - was teased in this summer's "The Avengers") turning up in the highly-anticipated "Thor" sequel. His reply? "[That would be] too easy. ...We need a bigger fish." (via MTV News)
Ooh, take that, Thanos!
"Thor 2", which has been slated for releaes on November 15, 2013, is expected to begin production this summer. It's being directed by Alan Taylor ("Game of Thrones").
What do you think of Mikkelsen's casting? Is Thanos a villain you'd like to see in a future Marvel film? Sound off in the comments!
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
3 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- Crosstalk: A fan and a newbie catch up on the first season of The Venture Bros. AVQ&A: What are your favorite and least favorite cultural baits and switches? Podmass: The Dice Man infiltrates podcasting, Casey Wilson chokes up on The JV Club, and Kumail vs. Maron
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- 'The Office' Series Finale Review: "Finale" 'Anger Management' Review: "Charlie and the Break-Up Coach" 'Hannibal' Review: "Fromage"
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? 'The Office' Finale: Michael Scott's Surprise Appearance And Your New 'American Idol' Is ...