'The Walking Dead's' Andrew Lincoln reflects on Rick Grimes' 'complete breakdown' in season three
'Losing great actors' toughest part of the show
BEVERLY HILLS - It's hard to complain about anything when the entire world appears to be suffering through a zombie apocalypse, but any viewer of "The Walking Dead" has to feel for series hero Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln). The former law enforcement officer awoke from a coma in season one to find Atlanta overrun by zombies. By season three his wife Lori (Sarah Wayne Callies) has passed away giving birth to a child which likely isn't his own. Add on the constant stress of zombie hordes and an ethically challenged "Governor" and it's not surprising Rick's gone a little off the deep end this season.
Lincoln spoke to HitFix before "The Walking Dead's" PaleyFest Q&A Friday night in Beverly Hills. The 39-year-old actor warns viewers that Rick's trauma is not something that's going to magically disappear overnight.
20 things we learned from the 'Walking Dead' PaleyFest Panel
Find out about Carl's evolution, Rick's tipping point, Death Dinners and more
And as for the threat that any "Dead" character can fall victim to any number of dangerous forces in this alternate universe? Well, every job has it's drawbacks. Recently, Rick had to relive Lori's death once more with his seemingly departed co-star.
"It's a tough damn show and the only downside about it is that you lose such great friends and such great actors," Lincoln admits. "And interestingly, I witness her death, but then we had to do it again. In sort of my own mind, so it was really hard and painful and exactly what you see on the screen. No one really wants to leave the show."
For our complete interview with Lincoln, watch the video embedded at the top of this article.
For 20 things we learned from "The Walking Dead" panel click here.
A new episode of "The Walking Dead" airs Sunday night.
News From Our Partners
- One Direction Announce Where We Are Stadium Tour for 2014 Miley Cyrus Wants Everyone to Know She's Still Engaged by Posting This New Pic Most Anticipated Album Release for June 2013 – Readers Poll
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In! 'Star Trek' And Klingon: Learn The Language Of The Aliens!
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
- Hulu.com: Is The Office the Definitive TV Show of the '00s? Craziest 'Simpsons' Couch Gag Yet? Denied By PBS?
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One