'The Hobbit' and 'Iron Man 3' lead Comic-Con's Saturday schedule
'Man of Steel,' 'Django Unchained,' 'Pacific Rim' among the day's other highlights
Superheroes, pint-sized adventurers, giant monsters and 19th century bounty hunters -- Day three of the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con has it all.
The Saturday schedule has been released and it's loaded with big movie titles, including "The Hobbit," "Iron Man 3," "Man of Steel," Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" and more.
Although most of the panels' guests are TBA, we have a feeling that fans will get to see stars such as Robert Downey Jr., Jamie Foxx, Henry Cavill and "The Hobbit" gang. Those that are confirmed include Tarantino, Jake Gyllenhaal, Michael Peña, Kit Harington and Marvel movie mastermind Kevin Feige.
Comic-Con also revealed this year's film panels for Saturday which include "Glee," "True Blood," "Vampire Diaries" and more.
The schedule for Sunday is expected to be announced tomorrow.
Here are the film panel highlights for Saturday:
Who: Quentin Tarantino and others TBA
The Lowdown: One of the most anticipated panels at the Con will be home to Tarantino's upcoming western starring Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio, Christoph Waltz, Samuel L. Jackson and more. Fans will get to see exclusive new footage from the film and be part of a special discussion with the director ("Pulp Fiction," "Kill Bill") and cast members to be announced. Fingers crossed for Jonah Hill.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
"End of Watch"
Who: Jake Gyllenhaal, Michael Peña and writer/director David Ayer
The Lowdown: Ayer, the writer of "Training Day" and the director of "Street Kings," is back on the mean streets of L.A. for this upcoming film. Get an exclusive early look at the action which stars Gyllenhaal and Peña as police officers patrolling the city's most dangerous neighborhoods. Or just watch "Training Day" again.
"Silent Hill: Revelations 3D"
Who: Adelaide Clemens, Kit Harington, director Michael J. Bassett and producer Samuel Hadida.
The Lowdown: The latest horror pic based on the Konami video game series, fans will witness the world premiere of 3D footage from the sequel. Harington is one of the stars of HBO's "Game of Thrones."
Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures: "Pacific Rim," "Man of Steel" and "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"
The Lowdown: Guillermo del Toro's Kaiju showdown is stomping on San Diego. Charlie Hunnam, Rinko Kikuchi, Idris Elba, Ron Perlman, and Charlie Day pit giant robots against giant monsters invading from the sea in order to save the day. They haven't announced what the panel will consist of, but del Toro is unveiling any footage you won't want to miss it.
"Man of Steel"
The Lowdown: It's somewhat of a surprise that Zack Snyder's 2013 Superman reboot is on the schedule, although there are no details about what to expect (will we finally see some footage?). Stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Russell Crowe and Laurence Fishburne star.
"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"
The Lowdown: Peter Jackson is bringing Middle-earth back to the Con with the first of two films based on Tolkien's novel. The "LOTR" panels were always jam-packed with nerdy goodness, so expect more of the same this time around. Some of these stars will hopefully make the journey: Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen, Richard Armitage, Cate Blanchett, Hugo Weaving, Ian Holm, Christopher Lee, Hugo Weaving, Elijah Wood, Orlando Bloom, Evangeline Lily, and Andy Serkis.
"Iron Man 3"
Who: Producer Kevin Feige and special guests
The Lowdown: Comic-Con helped launch the first "Iron Man" all those years ago, and will no doubt be just as welcoming to new director Shane Black's vision. Feige will discuss Marvel's post-"Avengers" movie universe, and star Robert Downey Jr. is bound to make a "surprise" appearance.
Look for complete hall-to-hall coverage of Comic-Con 2012 from the entire HitFix team beginning Wednesday, July 11-Sunday, July 15.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
3 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Hulu.com: Is The Office the Definitive TV Show of the '00s? Craziest 'Simpsons' Couch Gag Yet? Denied By PBS?
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In! 'Star Trek' And Klingon: Learn The Language Of The Aliens!
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More The CW's 2013-2014 Schedule: Supernatural Switches Nights Again, The Vampire Diaries Pairs With Reign Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
- One Direction Announce Where We Are Stadium Tour for 2014 Miley Cyrus Wants Everyone to Know She's Still Engaged by Posting This New Pic Most Anticipated Album Release for June 2013 – Readers Poll