'Ted 2' and more 'Bourne' films being eyed at Universal
NBCU CEO says he's also looking to ramp up the studio's animation division
No matter how much you loved Seth MacFarlane's "Ted," we can guarantee you NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke loved it more.
With the film grossing nearly $400 million worldwide this summer, the corporate chairman is understandably eager for creator Seth MacFarlane to get cracking on a sequel to the comedy blockbuster, a point he made clear to analysts while speaking at today's Bank of America Merrill Lynch Media, Communications and Entertainment Conference (phew!).
Vowing to keep promoting existing franchises, Burke elaborated by stating "we'd like to see a 'Ted 2' as soon as we can," in addition to making it clear that audiences will "see future Bourne films" - though the latter claim seems a bit dubious considering that the last entry in the franchise, this summer's "The Bourne Legacy," grossed a relatively mild $180 million worldwide on a steep $125 million budget.
Burke also said he'd like to boost the studio's animation output, stating his plans to "go from making one film every 18 months to making two a year" (perhaps to keep up with Dreamworks' recently-announced release slate)? The next project set for release from the division is a sequel to 2010 blockbuster "Despicable Me," which is slated for release next July.
Would you like to see a "Ted 2"? How about more "Bourne" movies? Sound off in the comments.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
3 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels Watch an Extended Trailer for CBS's Under the Dome (VIDEO)
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me