Taylor Swift shocked by 'unbelievable' album sales
Singer's 'Red' sold over 1.2 million copies in its first week
London (AP) — Taylor Swift says the response to her latest album, "Red," has been "unbelievable."
The American singer was speaking at Westfield London shopping mall Tuesday, where she was switching on the Christmas lights.
Speaking after the big moment, Swift said: "I had hoped that my fans would get what I was doing there — that they would embrace it. And the fact that they celebrated that and 1.2 million of them went out and bought it the first week and it became my first U.K. No. 1 album, it is absolutely unbelievable."
The Grammy-winner rewarded her British fans at the event by performing songs including her hit from the album, "We Are Never Getting Back Together."
Copyright (2012) Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
News From Our Partners
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition